Chapter 7

It was like a big game of chess with two people guarding the person or thing, as by me, carrying the flag and the others had to stay in their territory and try to defend them as they moved around, but there was a way to get everyone to move around freely, and that was by having two of the team members from each side go into a hidden cage, and once they were in the cage, they couldn't get out and the barrier that kept the two teams apart would be diminished. Then once the flag was obtained by the flag carrier and they had two flags then they would be released and the game would be done. 

I was made the flag carrier and they said that I would have to choose my two guards, so I chose Thalia and since Artemis wasn't in the game I chose Phoebe as the other. I figured that this would be a good way to lock her trust in with me, and make us both trust each other more. There was a hidden part that I knew that they weren't telling us, but I passed it on and decided to just watch and learn if I saw or learned something that wasn't said. 

Everyone went to the middle and a strong energy was felt as a barrier formed between the two sides, but it didn't effect me or my guards because we could move anywhere we wanted to, but we had to keep on moving and couldn't camp in one place for a while or their flag will be taken by the game and hidden somewhere for any 'mans' game, or catch. Moving around wasn't bad for us, but depending on who the others chose it would get to be exhausting and annoying to not stay in one place. I felt Thalia and Phoebe jump onto my back and then I felt them slide a vest around my glamoured form and slide the flag in-between. I looked at them like 'are you crazy'. 

"What they never said that we couldn't secure the flag to make sure that it wouldn't come off, and even though it would be impressive if they even tried or succeeded in taking it from a dra--wolf" Thalia almost slipped and I had to growl to keep her in place, after all one of the guards could be a spy sent to scout out the enemy, and then that gave me an idea "this is just an extra measure of protection" I smiled and to them I looked like an evil wolf thinking of something equally evil, and I knew this because of their reactions and slight smell of fear. 

"What" Phoebe was the first to snap out of it and ask as we walked through the forest

Which one of you wants to be a spy I said telepathically and they both said 'i' in unison, and then they bickered about who was faster and better. 

STOP I yelled in their minds making them slightly cringe I am going to let Thalia go because I like her better they just stared at me like I was crazy and mean

I'm just kidding I said and they lightened up from their anger and slight shock you both can go, I'll be fine alone, I mean after all who can beat me I puffed out my chest and flexed my muscles underneath them making them shift uncomfortably. 

"Okay egotistical Guardian" Thalia said as I lowered myself to the ground to let them off "see you in a half hour, wherever you get to be" and then they dashed off and I continued to walk changing direction every few minutes to make it seem like I don't know where to go. Then I felt three presences behind me in the trees and bush, and I decided to take the evasion route because I didn't want them to see what I could do just yet. My vision went slightly silver as I took off and I heard a gasp as I left them in the dust. I was ten miles from where they were and near the camps borders, and then I saw something that snapped me out of it. 

I ripped the sheath off and took off the glamour, and the army of monsters, being surprisingly quiet as they were stopped and shivered with fear as they saw me. Then I attacked and I slithered through them slashing, biting, cutting, and freezing as I went through the army or monsters. Then I made a mistake and I slowed down just enough for them to see me and I got a spear thrown at my head, and I flapped my wings in their direction sending spikes of ice, just as the spear went into my chest.