𝐢𝐢. bloody girls

Start from the beginning

"Elena? Surely you can enlighten us about one of the town's most significantly historical events?"

Elena's eyes were anywhere but Tanner as she sunk in her chair, "Sorry, i don't know." The teacher sighed, walking closer to her desk and leaning on it with one hand.

"I was willing to be lenient last year for obvious reasons, Elena. But the personal excuses ended with summer break." Cynthia couldn't help but want him to fall on his face in that exact moment. He acted like the death of both of your parents was something that was easy to get over. Death isn't something that is easy to forget about. It stays with you, and Cynthia knew that better than anyone.

"There were 346 casualties." Cynthia's eyes widened slightly at the new voice that spoke. "Unless you're counting local civilians." Of course, it was Stefan Salvatore. The brunette would be lying if she said she was surprised. He seemed like he knew his shit, and she respected him for it.

Tanner nodded, "That's correct, mister..."

"Salvatore."

"Salvatore." Tanner elongated the last few letters, seeming to be in deep thought. "Any relation to the original settlers here at Mystic Falls?"

Stefan shrugged simply, "Distant."

"Well, very good. Except, of course, there were no civilian casualties in this battle." Tanner corrected, turning around and starting to his desk.

"Actually, there were 27, sir." Stefan spoke loudly, the whole class pretty much eyeing him at this point. " Confederate soldiers, they fired on the church, believing it to be housing weapons. They were wrong. It was a night of great loss." He paused, smiling at Tanner. "The founder's archives are, uh, stored in civil hall if you'd like to brush up on your facts, Mr. Tanner." The whole class erupted in laughter and whispers, clearly surprised he stood up to Tanner.

Cynthia raised an eyebrow, impressed by his words. She grinned, looking back at where Tanner was. He looked less than happy, continuing to go to his desk. Before he got to his chair, the teacher tripped over a pencil. Tanner grabber onto his desk quickly before falling. Cynthia looked at the pencil in confusion, then back to Tanner.

She had wished that he would fall on his face, and he almost did. But Cynthia shrugged to herself, knowing that it must've just been a coincidence.

...

     Later that day Cynthia stood in the woods, surrounded by teenagers. She wore a very small purple shirt and a pair of very tight jeans. Her whole wardrobe consisted of crop tops and skinny jeans. She couldn't help it, the clothing fitted her body well and was flattering. Her friend Luna on the other hand was different. The red head wore a long t-shirt and baggy jeans. Cynthia loved the style, but it didn't fit her vibe. 

     Luna took a sip of her beer from her solo cup, then pointed at Cynthia. "What do you think about the new kid?"

     Cynthia turned her head to her tipsy friend. "Stefan Salvatore?" When he friend nodded, she answered. "He seems chill, and is crazy smart. But before you get any of your weird and crazy ideas, he's not my type." Luna held up her hand, laughing at her.

     Luna burped before speaking again, "I wasn't going to say anything about you and him." She paused, suddenly frowning. "I finally understand what Caroline feels." Cynthia was more confused than ever, Luna realizing and sighing loudly. "I mean Elena is stunning and hot. And we both know she wants Stefan, but when he is around she wouldn't even spare a look at anyone else."

     Cynthia stopped her, raising an eyebrow. "Wait, does the heartless Luna have a crush on Elena Gilbert?" When she didn't answer, the brunette smiled and shoved Luna's shoulder lightly. "Oh my fucking god, i can't believe it."