"I suppose."

"Okay. Thanks."

"She told me you defended her from Jackson. I really appreciate that. I appreciate your kindness towards my sister. People are cruel to her for being different and standing out but not you. Thank you for that."

My heart aches at his words. Shame spreading all over my body. If only he knew.

"You're welcome. You have nothing to thank me for. I was just doing what's right."

With that being said he turns back around and continues walking. Seconds later the bell rings indicating it's time for third period.

For a minute I think about actually going to class. Then my thoughts become jumbled and all I can think about is her.

Why won't she leave my mind?

I start walking straight towards the exit door that leads to the parking lot. The kids hanging around the parking lot are already walking back in.

Taehyung spots me walking to my car but he doesn't stop me or tries to ask where I'm heading.

My parents will definitely get a call from school saying I was absent during third period. Which will lead to them scolding and getting another day of detention at school.

You'd think I'd care but in reality I don't give a fuck. If Yoonji is tormenting my mind so much it's only fair I go see her. It's the only radical solution, honestly.

•••

After knocking on the door three times I feel like sprinting to my car and pretending I never even came.

The door opens making me curl my toes. It's not Yoonji at the door. It's a lady with short grey hair. It must be her grandmother.

"How may I help you?"

"I'm — I'm Yoonjis... friend. She didn't come to school today so I wanted to see if she's okay? May I see her?"

"You're the boy that took her out last night."

"Yes ma'am."

She moves out the way opening the door wider for me to get in. I bow slowly and walk in the living room.

"Wait here. I will go see if she wants to see you. You may have a seat."

I nod my head sitting on the couch. She disappears down the hallway and I look around.

There's a picture frame by a lamp across the room. I get up walking to get a better glance. I'm not trying to be nosy or anything the picture just caught my eye.

It's a photo of two little boys. One slightly taller than the other. I squint my eyes staring at it longer. The tall boy looks just like Namjoon -it's definitely him. He has the same hair and dimples. I'm about to stare at the other boy when Yoonji snatches the picture from my hands.

"You go to other houses to be nosy?" She states hiding the picture.

"No, no! Sorry. I just ... got curious."

"Well stop being so curious." She says putting the picture facing down on the counter. She's wearing a nightgown and her hair is tied in a messy low bun. Her face is makeup free and honestly, she looks even more flawless without it.

"I didn't know you had another brother." I whisper softly. What if her brother passed away? I shouldn't have even brought it up.

Her face turns a bright pink. "He's not my brother. He's ... my cousin."

"Oh. Okay. Sorry for the confusion."

"Why're you here, Park Jimin? You should be in third period class right now."

"I should be but I needed to see you."

"Well you have seen me so now you can head back."

"Why didn't you go to school today?"

"Here you go again with the questions."

"Well I'm sorry for being nosy and coming to look for you. That's something called care you know. I care about you."

She presses her lips together looking down. "Are you okay?" I ask stepping closer to her.

"No."

"Forget that douche. Don't be upset over what he said."

"I just don't want to loose you."

My heart skips a beat a blush creeping to my face. "Huh?"

"You're the only good thing in my life besides my grandma and Joon. I don't want you to leave."

"I won't leave you. Why would you say that?"

"I don't know. After what happened with Jackson I don't think I could handle another heartbreak. I really like you. There I said it. Plain and simple. I like you. You make me feel human. You make me feel alive. You make me feel how I've been wanting to feel for the longest time and the thought of not having you terrifies me."

"Oh, doll. You're great you know? I like you too. I'm sorry."

"Sorry?"

I grab her face and gulp my guilt down. "Can I just kiss you, please?" She nods her head slowly as I put my lips against hers.

My chest tightens feeling her soft lips move on top of mine. I told myself that saying that I liked her was just out of impulse. Having her lips against mine proved me wrong. It was not out of impulse. It's something I really feel and that's a scary thought — falling deeply for someone who never in a million years thought you'd like.

"I really, really, like you, Yoonji and that honestly terrifies me too."