10

Khaliya's POV —a few days later—
as i'm putting away groceries, i hear the front door open and close. i frown and walk down the hall. my pace slows as i see Jack standing in the hall way. he's wearing a hoodie and sweats, and looks like he hasn't slept in awhile. happiness rose up in me. he's back. before i could think straight, i run to him, jumping in his arms. he wraps them around me as i wrap my legs around him.
"god, i missed you so fucking much." he says into my shoulder as he holds me. then the reality hits me like a truck.
"you said you'd take back madison." i say letting go of him and going back to the ground.
"khali-"
"you said you'd take her back. you said that you'd take her back right to my face." i say. happiness is quickly replaced with frustration. he runs his hands through his hair
"we've talked about marriage Jack. and our future! of us being together but you said you'd take her back. how do i know you haven't already?" i ask.
"i haven't." he says.
"i don't know that Jack." i say with a sigh.
"you right you don't." he says. i turn on my heels and walk towards the kitchen.
"khaliya." he calls after me
"get out. go away. lose my number." i say, not stopping.
"khaliya, come on." he says.
"why don't you trust me? i haven't done anything to make you not trust me." he says. i stop and turn around
"your words make me not trust you. i can't be with someone who's still hung up on their ex and would drop me in a heart beat. it sucks Jack. and you know i wouldn't do that to you." i say.
"your overreact-"
"get out. just leave Jack." i say, cutting him off. he sighs and leaves without hesitation. i watch as the front door closes. i let out a breath and slide down against the wall, closing my eyes as a tear falls down my cheek. i hear the door open and close, then keys being tossed.
"i'm not leaving until we work this out."