Chapter Fifteen

Rylee's POV:

"What are you saying? You think you actually like her?" I rolled my eyes as I did my work out routine with Sam. This girl was actually beginning to grow on me; I could tolerate her a lot more than Brooke that's for sure.

"I obviously like her, Sam. The problem is what if I like her more than I should? I'm seventeen years old. I don't need to be looking for a tying the knot relationship." I explained as I passed the ball to her roughly. She glared at me; rolling her eyes and passing the ball back with just as much force.

"Why is that such a bad thing?" She asked as we dropped the ball and headed out for a running session.

"Uh, number one: My age! Hello, I said I was only seventeen. Number Two: It's not exactly what I do if you haven't noticed. And number three: I don't do relationships. See how it can't possibly work?" I asked as I huffed out. I looked at her and noticed a smile on her face. "What?"

"Nothing, I just find that all rather silly as fuck. It's as if you were a guy." She laughed as we touched the cones, and ran back to the center field. I looked over to the field next to us to see Autumn's team warming up as well.

"I'm not a guy." She scoffed at that.

"You may not be an actual guy, but you sure act like one. I mean you're a heartbreaker, right? The one everyone drools over, meets and falls for, but doesn't commit." She said this as if she's known me for years.

"Do you have a file on me or something?" I asked in a rather uncaring tone as we touched cones once more. I smiled as I heard her laugh at my silly joke.

"Why of course! Courtesy of Maria." She laughed, gesturing over to Maria, running with the other bitchy teammates I was forced to play with. "But really, people talk about you."

"Oh do they? Well that's great to hear I guess." I said in a bored tone. She laughed, jogging in front of me; running backwards so she can look at me.

"You're so strange, you know that right?" She asked as she kept up her pace. I was amazed she hadn't fallen yet... or maybe sad that she hadn't.

"So? I really just don't care what people think of me." I answered honestly. She stopped in her tracks as I almost collide into her. "What the hell?" She smiled as she pointed to me.

"That's not true. You care about what Autumn thinks of you. Get that look of your face, you sooo care about what she portrays you as!" She smirked as I rolled my eyes and moved her out of my way, jogging to catch up with the group. "Don't even deny that."

"Can you shut up?" I asked as I was starting to get annoyed. She just laughed once again causing me to sigh.

"Don't get pissy with me because you know I'm right. Have you two... ya know?" She asked this so casually. Then again, I wasn't exactly shy about my sexual life. So, I smiled and scoffed.

"Of course we have, what else do you expect? Who wouldn't want to?" Did I seriously just get cocky? I looked over to her to see an amused face as we jogged side to side.

"Are you really still playing that player role? I don't think it's really working for you anymore." She laughed. I couldn't help but get slightly angry at that though.

"What do you know? I could get any guy or girl I wanted." I huffed out as we hit another set of cones. As I looked up I stopped in my tracks. Autumn was standing at the medical tent leaning over the bench as she talked to... Ashley?

Sam turned around and jogged back to me. She looked in the same direction as me then waved her hand in my face, breaking my concentration.

"What are you looking at?" She asked as she continued to figure out where my eyes were glued to. I gave her a quick glance before I chewed on the inside of my cheek.