B2: Chapter Three

Rylee POV:

Why am I so bad at expressing my emotions? It was my biggest character flaw, well at least I thought so anyway. Sure, I was also just an asshole, but this was on a more serious level. I just couldn't tell Autumn how I really felt about her. Even as we laid cuddled up in our dorm room, watching Killing Eve, I couldn't tell her.

It wasn't like I don't want to tell her because believe me I do. It's just that my brain has a problem connecting to my mouth sometimes. Which in the end, screws me over royally.

My arms were wrapped around her smaller frame as my head laid against the headboard. Her cute lights were glowing off the dull white paint of the small room, casting small shadows over the many pictures that adorned the wall. I could feel my mind winning the battle as the thoughts crept deep into me.

'What if I messed this up? Am I good enough for her? Does she really care about me? Can I change? Do I love her?'

I rolled my eyes at the last thought. It was obvious what the answer was. Of course, I did; there was no denying it. Looking back at our first kiss in my backyard, that amazing make out in the wooded area behind Starbucks, and the messed up situation with Ashley. God damn, that still has my blood boiling. But at the same time, I knew the only reason any of that happened was that I was a moron. She was hurt for me leaving her alone with people she didn't even know. She thought I was with someone else, and I was the reason she thought that. But, it's not just those moments that I realized my feelings were stronger.

Like the way she tries to never step on a crack when walking down on the sidewalk. The way she crinkles her nose when she's trying her best to avoid sneezing. The way she puts on a shirt, which by the way is one of the strangest ways I've ever seen. Who puts a shirt on headfirst then slides their arms through? Like, that's just strange, right? The way she closes her eyes when we're driving, head leaning against the window. The way she always taps her pen against her cheek as she doing homework. The way she always managed to get the ball from me in practice, But, one of the biggest things was the way she was with her family. I couldn't help but smile, taking a glimpse at her.

Even now, as we laid in our bed, I couldn't help this feeling. I played with the string of her hoodie, her fingers gliding over my arm slowly. Nothing I had ever experienced in my life had felt like how amazing she made me feel. I shook, a chill running down my spine, goosebumps rose to attention all over my body. I clenched my jaw; her touch became intoxicating.

"Are you cold?" Her angelic voice stripped my thoughts, forcing me to glance down at her.

"Uh, no." I smiled nervously. Her eyes trained on the TV in front of us, playing the elder scrolls online, cruising through Grahtwood Forest. With her resting between my thighs, I leaned down to kiss the top of her head. I glanced back at the screen, scrolling through my inventory in search of new armor. Should I be focusing on my homework right now? Probably.

"Do you have any runes?" Autumn's voice called out, pulling me back from my thoughts. "And what do I do with them again? This game is so confusing."

"They can be used to enchant armor and weapons." I explained, "I don't carry any, but we can find them across the maps." I rubbed the side of her bicep lightly before placing my hand upon my controller once more. "We don't have to play if you don't want to."

"No," She sighed, leaning her head to rest against my collarbone, "I want to play, it's just really hard. I'm also really tired, can we just run around on our mounts?" She yawned, snuggling closer into me. My cheeks grew hot at her intimate nature. Despite the closeness at night, It was still hard for me to get used to the coziness she had brought into my life. It wasn't by all means a bad thing, just hard for me to get used to. When I didn't answer right away, I felt her hand be placed over mine, stopping my characters movement. "Rye?"