Chapter 4

Over the next month and a half, I learn a lot more about Ryan and Nate's relationship. Nate gave me his cell number and we often talk about how he feels about Ryan. It's actually really cool to hear how normal everything between them still is even though they're dating. Ryan and Nate have come out to the campus and have become the most popular couple at school.

But while I have more information about the feeling between by brother and his boyfriend, I have zero information about what's going on with me. The more time I spend around Leo, the harder it is for me to act normal. And now whenever I even see him, I instantly turn red, my tongue dries out, and...yes, I get a raging boner.

I've gone to the public library more times than I can count and have read the same chapter of 'Boys: Is Something Wrong With Me?' time and time again. And the more I read it, the more confused I get. The book said the feelings I'm having about Leo may be temporary, but they've only gotten stronger.

It's only a few days before Halloween and the senior class is buzzing with excitement. The senior class has a tradition where the entire class throws a huge Halloween costume party. The only rules of the party are you have your car keys taken when you arrive, try not to get too drunk, if you're going to have sex, do it in a room, and the costumes may be sexy, but no nudity.

The end of the day arrives and all the seniors head to the cafeteria for the annual 'costume drawing.' If everyone chose their costume, we'd have a lot of vampires and lame shit like that. In order to prevent that, the senior class gets together in order to choose your costume by random.

Hundreds of costumes are put into a box and names of the seniors are called in alphabetical order. You walk up to the box and pull out a piece of paper with the costume you will wear on it. There is no chance of copies, as only one of every costume is put into the box. And the costumes vary from cop, to slutty cat.

And as if the costume drawing weren't bad enough, after you draw your costume, you take the cafeteria intercom and announce your costume to everyone there. So if you draw something...revealing, the entire class will know. Ryan was lucky when his class had the party and drew a doctor. I'm deathly afraid of what I'll get.

I get to the cafeteria, already almost all of the class here, and scan the crowd trying to find Mark and Shawn. I spot them at a table with a third person there: Leo. My heart instantly starts racing, but I walk over there as casually as I can and set my bag down next to a chair. "Hey guys," I say.

"Hey," they all reply.

"You as nervous as I am?"

"Are you kidding?" says Mark. "I've been waiting for this day since my older brothers and sister had their drawing! I can't freaking wait!"

I see Shawn sharing the same excitement as Mark, but Leo looks as cool and collected as usual, laughing along with Mark and Shawn. There's a low hum and we all direct our attention to the front of the cafeteria and see Amy Russell, our class president, standing with the intercom in her hand, a large box on a table, and a few other students. "Hey everyone!" she says. "Are you ready to get your costume assignment?"

The class responds with several cheers and a round of applause. "Okay! I'm pretty sure you all know the rules of the drawing. So, let's get started!"

Name after name is called, and costume after costume is announced. They really aren't holding back. Sexy demon, bad girl cop, skimpy waitress, the girls aren't pulling any punches. The guys' costumes so far aren't too bad, the worst one so far being 'sexy construction worker,' which Mark is very excited to wear.

Shawn got off easy and snagged 'pirate.' He's okay with it, but actually wishes he could have gotten something better. The last names go through the Q's and reach the R's. After a few people a few more people are called and nothing exciting is pulled out of the box. "Josh Rusden!" says Amy. "Get your ass up here!"