"Bloody hell," Isabelle cursed as she saw the picture of Eric and her. She didn't even know she still had that picture. "That's me posing with a trash can." She grimaced as the happy and bad memories flashed in front of her eyes.

"Is he your boyfriend?" Lucy asked.

"Was," Isabelle corrected her with her index finger up. "Thank Merlin it's over."

"Why?" Caspian questioned.

"He- I- we-" the girl couldn't say a normal sentence as her mind became overwhelmed by the memories, so she pressed her lips together into a thin line and frowned.

"Did he hurt you?" Edmund asked, and to Isabelle's surprise, he sounded kind of angry.

"Not physically." She sighed. Lucy grabbed her hand and squeezed it. As Isabelle looked at her, she smiled sadly.

"What did he do?" Caspian bent down in front of Isabelle. The situation reminded the witch of a brother-sister relationship as she watched him. The protective big brother interrogating the heartbroken sister about her ex-boyfriend, getting ready in mind to beat up the douchebag. Unfortunately, she never had the chance to experience that, having no male family member.

"Shortly, he started dating me because he wanted to win a bet. The bet was to," Isabelle spoke but couldn't finish," you know." Eventually, they realised what she was trying to tell, and all of them frowned, one angrily, one disgustedly, one uneasily. "Everyone thought he would fail because Albus and Scorpius are always with me, and they would go overprotective. But Eric was smart. He didn't just bring me to bed, he made me fall in love with him. So when we started dating, he didn't seem threatening to Al and Scorp."

"He played with you, didn't he?" Lucy sighed. "He doesn't seem very threatening in the picture."

"That's because he's a good actor. Really. We were kind of enemies before we got together, I don't exactly know why, maybe the rivalry between our houses caused it, I'm not sure. But he made me believe that he loves me after years of being at each other's throats. I was an idiot for believing."

"You were not an idiot. You were in love," Lucy comforted the sad girl.

"Look what it caused. When I found out the real reason of our relationship, I wasn't sure I would be able to trust again."

"I would like to go to your world and break his neck," Caspian said angrily.

"That's not necessary. He got what he deserved," Isabelle faintly smiled.

"Let me guess, Scorpius and Albus weren't happy when they found out?" Lucy grinned.

"Yeah, he was lucky though, he only got a broken nose from me and some bruises from the boys."

Caspian opened his mouth in surprise. "You broke his nose?" he quietly chuckled.

Isabelle nodded with a grin. "Yep."

"Why am I not surprised?" Edmund asked, looking down at her with hidden pride in his eyes.

The witch shrugged with a shy smile. "Anyway, I'm absolutely over him," she told them assertively. She almost spat out that she loved someone else but remembered that the certain someone else was standing in the same room.

Lucy shared a look with Caspian. They both knew that the girl moved on, but only one of them was sure who was its reason.

"No, not that video!" Isabelle jumped out of the bed quickly as the music stopped and she heard the beginning of a video.

Mysterious | Edmund Pevensie ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें