tommy shelby: don't touch her. (smut warning)

Start from the beginning

"I don't think that's true - "

"Oh, it is," you interrupted before leaning back up properly. You grabbed the drink that Tommy had ordered you before he had gone to ignore you for the rest of the evening. "I guess I've gotten used to it though. Tommy does what he does because he wants to deliver a good life for me and I respect that."

"But?"

"I just want some attention every now and again. I love him greatly, there is no denying that and I know that he would do everything in his power to keep me safe and look after me. We purchased a big home but what for? It feels so isolated a lot of the time and I hate it very much. We didn't have much money before the business grew but we were content, and I think that's what's most important."

Luke smirked before looking down at the bar table. His hand started to trail across the wet and sticky bar until it touched your own hand. It was completely wrong, but you didn't bother to pull away and instead, allowed him to rub the top of your hand with his fingertip.

"Tommy Shelby needs to get his priorities right."

An obnoxious cough came from behind Luke and you slowly closed your eyes, not daring to make eye contact with Tommy. Luke didn't have the nerve to turn around and face Tommy, didn't even have the bottle to make response to Tommy's understandable aggravation. Silence surrounded the three of you as you finally looked at Tommy with pleading eyes, wordlessly begging him to not kick up the fuss. With one eyebrow raised, Tommy nodded towards Luke's hand that was still placed on top of yours and you quickly ripped your touch away from Luke's.

"Do I really need to get my priorities right, love?" Tommy asked you. His tone was filled with jealously as he waited for you response, staring deeply at you.

For some odd reason, a burst of self-confidence hit Luke straight in the face as he stood up and turned to look at Tommy. "Yes, you do."

Tommy tilted his head to the side before laughing. "I wasn't talking to you so how about you fuck off? This is between me and [y/n], not you and me."

It would have been sensible for Luke to have done a runner there and then, protect his face and keep his eye sight in tact but he didn't move. Standing up straighter, Luke looked at Tommy in the eyes before chuckling.

"Treat her with a bit more respect mate or someone else will snatch her from your hands. Got a gorgeous lady there and you are letting her slip away."

"That's not tru - " you tried to say, only to be interrupted by Tommy.

"You really need to shut your mouth," Tommy spat, digging his digit into Luke's chest. Even though Luke was more malicious than Tommy - he didn't have a leg to stand on. His killing days were long gone after the collapse of his business and was simply a man who made an appearance sometimes; an okay fella but not much to him. "Let's go home, [y/n]."

"She's staying here with me," Luke announced, adding fuel to the already growing rage. Tommy had to cut the meeting short because he was finding it impossible to concentrate and Luke was getting on his last nerve. It would not be long before Tommy shattered and did something that he regretted. "Never know, I might even take her home with me."

"The only man that [y/n] will be going home with is me."

"I can change that, Mr. Shelby." Luke leaned forward until his mouth was next to Tommy's ear. "One ride on my cock and your wife will be mine."

Tommy chuckled as he looked down at the ground and before you could process what was happening, Tommy's fist was smashing against Luke's cocky expression, sending the man flying backwards into the bar. You stood up and gasped, too shocked to stop your husband from committing a violent act in such a public place.