Chapter 3

So what if Marshall smokes? That doesn't make him a bad person. He helped me get home. I sat on the porch waiting for his black car to pull up. The cold winds of Detroit kissed my bare cheeks. It had to be around eleven o'clock, and I know I should be asleep, but I want to be with Marshall. I saw a car pull up in front of our apartment, but it wasn't Marshall's. My uncle stumbled out of the car, nearly falling to the hard ground. My heart stopped. I thought he was coming back in a few days! I ran inside and locked the door. I leaned against it, starting to panic. "Alex! Pheo is here! Now!" I yelled. I heard footsteps running down the stairs. He looked out the window and saw Pheo walking up the stairs. I hid behind the door. He came next to be and held my hand. "It's okay, (Y/N), it's okay. You're safe." He kept saying to calm me down. Pheo pounded on the front door, yelling. Alex wrapped his hand around the knob. "Three...two...one!" He pulled the door open, and we both didn't move. Pheo stumbled inside, looking around. "Where are you brats?!" He yelled, calling us many other names. Alex still held my hand. I squeezed his and put my other hand over my mouth to quiet my breathing. Pheo slammed the door shut, and we went flying with it. "There you are, bitches." He said. Tears started to build up in my eyes. Pheo picked me up and looked into my dark eyes. The fumes of alcohol filled my nose. He put me over his shoulder. I screamed and kicked. "(Y/N)!" Alex yelled. He ran and grabbed my ankle. Pheo kicked him away and took me to a closet. He threw me in and glared at me. "Stay in here." He yelled, slamming and locking the door. I groaned in pain. I pushed myself up and tried unlocking the door. "Alex!" I screamed.
MARSHALLS POV
I pulled up in front of Alex and (Y/N)'s house. I got out and walked up to the door. I heard yelling as I got closer to her apartment. (Y/N)? That was definitely HER scream. There were banging and pounding. I knocked on the door, but no one answered. "(Y/N)?" I asked into the door. I heard a loud bang, then (Y/N) screamed again. I grabbed the knob and opened it. I saw a man throwing Alex into the wall. He looked at me. "What are you doing here, get out!" He yelled. I looked over at Alex. He had blood dripping from his mouth. "Alex..." I heard (Y/N) yell my name. "Where is she?!" The man walked to me and tried throwing a punch. I grabbed his fist and slapped him across the face. He fell to the ground, fast asleep. I ran to Alex. "Alex, speak to me, man." He looked up at me and smiled. "Thanks, Slim." He said quietly. I smiled back. (Y/N) banged on the door again. I got up and opened it. "Whoa!" She yelled, falling at my feet. I helped her up and looked for wounds. She looked at Alex. "Alex!" She yelled, running to him. She got next to him, wiping the blood from his mouth. "Are you okay?!" She asked softly. He grabbed her hand. "I'm okay, (Y/N). Go with Slim. He'll protect you." He said. She helped him up. She nodded and looked at me. "You sure, man? We can take you with." I said. I feel so bad. Alex and (Y/N) have been dealing with this their WHOLE life. Yeah, I've been hit, but nothing like them. Alex nodded. "Text me so I know you're okay, Alex." (Y/N) said as we walked out of the door. She's so caring. Alex is lucky to have a sister like her.

AN: Hey guys! It's been a hot minute since I last updated this story. I just want to say thank you so much for the reads! I know they're not a lot, but even if I get one read, I get happy xD. But seriously, thank you. Love you guys!

-Mira