"But marriage, brother? You can be there for the baby, have your name on the birth certificate, provide financially... why marry her?" In fact Ethan never thought his brother would marry anyone because he wasn't the kind of guy that could be tied down by one woman.

Luke got up from his chair and turned around, staring at the busy Manhattan roads. "We of all people know why, Ethan. I never want to be the man our father was." He turned around to face his brother, his jaw clenched as his eyes blazed with a promise. "This is how we were raised. I want to be as involved as I can in my child's life. Everything that will concern him or her will concern me. And if marrying her is the way I can get what I want, so be it."

Ethan nodded. "Involve a lawyer then. With the prenup and all."

"No worries, it's already taken care of." Luke turned back to his laptop and started working again. But thoughts of his to-be wife and unborn child played in the back of his mind.

__________________________

Her phone buzzed in her pocket but her hands were full. She had a tray in one hand and a small basket of fries in another. She quickly delivered them to the table and came back to the kitchen to collect the other orders.

It was a busy evening. The restaurant across the street had to shut down for some financial reasons. As a result, their customers decided to flock the restaurant she worked in. It brought more business but the work load was overwhelming her. She didn't even have enough time to stop and take a breath. Her legs ached as she had been on her toes the entire day.

Her phone buzzed again.

"Bianca! Some guacamole on table number 3!" Her colleague yelled.

"Coming right up!" She let her phone be in her pocket. It might just be Dana looking for some chit-chat.

Luke was going nuts with worry. He had started calling her almost an hour ago and she hadn't answered. It was 9:30 PM now. He was assuming that she always got through with work around this time because when he'd come to her place last night, she had just gotten back from work, ready to have her dinner.

"Answer the phone, damn it!" He had decided to give his to-be wife a visit, only to find a lock on her door. He had no idea where she worked and didn't know anyone else who knew her. Had something happened to her while she was coming back from her shift? He wanted to throw his phone away in frustration but it was the only way he could contact her.

"Where are you, where the hell are you.." He muttered to himself.

He waited outside her house for almost 2 hours and then considered informing the cops. New York was a big city and the area she lived in wasn't great. Anything could have happened to her. To the baby.

Just when he was about to get up and take some action about Bianca's disappearance, he saw her walk towards him. She looked tired and it looked like she was dragging herself around.

Luke stood up and took long strides and got closer to her. She noticed someone walking towards her. Her first reaction was that of her hands flying to the pocket knife she always carried. However, she then realized who it was.

"What are you-"

"Where the fuck have you been!" He roared, grabbing her shoulders and shaking her.

"I...I..." She was surprised and momentarily shocked to see him so angry. What was wrong with him? "I was at work."

"Work? Work?! God damn it it's almost midnight!" He yelled angrily.

"Yes, and for the same reason I suggest you keep your voice low." She said calmly while trying to free herself from his grasp.

"I'll do whatever the hell I please!" He exclaimed. Anger still burnt through him but it simmered down a little when he saw that she was unharmed. "You haven't answered any of my calls or text messages. Not one, Bianca! What world do you live in, damn it!" He let go of her shoulders but never left her gaze.

"Oh." So it was him calling her. "I had a busy day at work. Too many customers." She looked at his face. Really looked at him. His hair were messy, as if he had run his hands through them a numerous times, his jaw was clenched and his forehead had worry lines.

"It happened once. But just this once. Never again, do you understand?" The world might think she was crazy but his outburst tonight made her want to smile a little.

When was the last time someone had gotten all worried sick for her? Even if it was only because she was carrying his baby, Bianca's heart warmed up to the fact that someone actually cared. Even though it was temporary.

"Understood." She whispered, watching him as his shoulders relaxed a little.

He nodded curtly. She took a deep breath and walked to her door to unlock it. Then she turned around and invited him inside.

Hope you guys liked it!
Comment & Vote!