The Confession

Lucifer was wildly driving on the highway, he had to get to Pierce's apartment as soon as possible. The Detective could be in danger, Pierce could be planning someone awful.

As soon as Lucifer got to the driveway, he parked the car, and stormed to the front door. He violently rattled the doorknob.

It was locked.

He quickly tried to find a way in, he rushed towards the large windows. He gritted his teeth, kicking his foot through the glass. He made his way in, stepping over the shattered shards of glass on the floor.

Lucifer clenched his fists as his eyes met Pierce's. He lunged aggressively at him, thrusting him towards the wall.

"Why are you using her?!" Lucifer yelled.

"Now's not a good time Lucifer." Pierce grunted, holding plates and cups.

Lucifer chuckled mockingly. "You do not get to tell me what to do... Cain!"

Lucifer drove his fist into Pierce's chest, slamming him into the wall once again, where he started landing solid punches into Pierce's gut and stomach.

"You would do anything to protect Chloe wouldn't you?" Pierce scorned in between painful breaths

"I would kill you a thousand times for her."

Pierce mustered all his strength and delivered a swift punch at Lucifer. To Lucifer's surprise, it hurt. He touched under his nose and felt something - Blood.

"The Detective's here?" Lucifer muttered.

"Lucifer?" Came a surprised voice from behind.

It was Chloe.

"Lucifer Morningstar, you're under arrest for assaulting an officer..." She wavered, holding back tears and pushing him against the wall.

"You have the right to remain silent." Pierce glanced victoriously at Lucifer, "Anything you say, can and will be used against you."

Lucifer shot desperate, teary glances at Chloe, as his hands were being cuffed.

THE INTERROGATION ROOM

Pierce and Lucifer glared at each other, they remained in silence as Pierce drummed his fingers impatiently on the table.

"This is getting nowhere." Pierce muttered as he walked out the door.

Behind the one way see through glass, Chloe looked worriedly at Pierce.

"Just let me talk to him." She whispered.

Pierce nodded reluctantly, "Sure." He paused. "But I'm gonna go."

Chloe opened the door and ambled towards Lucifer, she smiled weakly as she approached him.

"Chloe." Lucifer spoke in a tender voice.

The sound of her own name being spoken by Lucifer soothed her, it meant something.

"Lucifer, why?"

He assumed that she was asking why he had attacked Pierce.

"He is simply using you for his own benefits... You don't deserve him!" Lucifer blurted out.

Chloe could have sworn she heard a hint of jealousy. "Lucifer... He is a good man."

Lucifer just sighed heavily, before gathering his courage. "You deserve to know the truth!"

Chloe glanced up.

The truth? What truth?

"I really want the best for you... But that's not him Chloe." He exhaled shakily. "I know this, because... I- I care for you."

Lucifer's face spoke volumes. He looked at her with an expression that just moved her, and somehow she could feel her eyes watering too.

She could not find a way to respond. She gasped before finally stuttering, "I have to go Lucifer."

And with that, she turned and walked away, with a tear rolling down her cheek.

He's using you. The words echo in her mind.