The Next Morning

Author's Note
This is just a fan fiction that I'm writing for Lucifer 3x20 - Angel of San Bernardino. Right now there is a 3 week hiatus till that episode, and this short story will be about what I envision for the episode. :)
————————————————————————

CHLOE'S APARTMENT

Chloe was cheerfully sitting on the living room couch, she smiled as she could finally think of a future, a future where she was happy - And that future just walked in.

"Hey Decker." Pierce forced a smile, striding in through the door to Chloe's surprise.

"Hi!" She grinned. "So, uh- I really enjoyed last night."

"Yeah? Me too."

Pierce caressed her cheeks as he pulled her in for a kiss, she was the key to everything he always wanted. He needed her.

Their somewhat "passionate" kiss was abruptly interrupted by the heavy slam of a door.

"Hi mommy!" It was Trixie.

"Oh, hey Baby!" Chloe stuttered, still awkwardly holding Pierce.

"Who's that Mommy?"

"Uh- This is Pierce."

Pierce smiled weakly, he despised children. He reluctantly gritted his teeth, offering his hand.

"Hi there... Nice to meet you."

Trixie glared at him. "I don't like you. Where's Lucifer?"

Lucifer. The name echoed in Pierce's mind, Lucifer was always going to be in the way, he had to get rid of him. He had to destroy him.

Chloe shot Trixie a frustrated look, and let out a heavy sigh. "Trixie babe, go to your room."

"Well, I better get going." Pierce muttered.

And before Chloe could even open her mouth or apologise about Trixie's remark, Pierce had already walked out the door.

DR. LINDA'S OFFICE

"I showed Charlotte." Lucifer blurted out, hoping to seek some advice on the matter.

"Uh- Showed Charlotte what, Lucifer?"

Linda had an idea what he had shown, but with Lucifer she could never be to sure.

"Why, my wings of course!"

Linda's mouth just gaped open, her eyes content with disbelief.

Lucifer and Linda just sat in silence for at least 5 minutes. When Linda finally broke the awkward silence and changed topic.

"So Lucifer, tell me more about your concerns regarding Chloe with the lieutenant."

"Well Doctor, There's nothing to say really..." He paused and took a deep breath. "Last night I saw Pierce and the Detective happily ride off together." He spoke with a hint of disgust. "And then Mazikeen left me."

Maze. Linda sighed at her name. She missed her friend - Her best friend. If she could take back the whole "fling" with Amenadiel, just for a chance of reconciling with Maze, she would take it.

But she could not.

Linda refocused her attention to Lucifer. "Well, you and Chloe's relationship did develop into something more before."

Lucifer gulped, he knew that The Detective's feelings aren't... No, weren't real. But then, Lucifer came upon a moment of realisation.

If she was put in his path, how could she have feelings for Pierce?

It made no sense.

Lucifer was on the verge of tears as he thought to himself, what he shared with Chloe was real.

Linda smiled sympathetically, she couldn't begin to imagine how he was feeling - How it felt to be all powerful, but are powerless to do anything.

And that was the exact moment Lucifer's heart had truly been broken.