Chapter 20

Chapter 20

For hours now, Aidan and I had been moving all of our stuff into the Alpha's bedroom- yes there is an Alpha bedroom, and it's freaking huge. I sigh, falling back on the bed as Aidan keeps moving stuff around, this is really exhausting. I feel weird knowing that Aidan has all the power now, in my mind he's still that silly charming boyfriend type of guy, I guess i'll get used to it. At least he hasn't gained a ton of arrogance since he became the Alpha, and still acts the exact same , which I'm glad for because if he ended up in that possessive mind set I think I would have killed him.
Aidan jumps onto the bed next to me, propping his head up laying on his side, looking at me. "Like it?" He asks, referring to how he had rearranged the room, and I look around again at the huge room.
I nod, propping myself up with my elbows, "Yeah, sure took a long time, though."
He seems distracted, and not paying attention to what's happening here and now, and without any warning he gets up from the bed, taking my hand so that I follow behind him, and He practically drags me down the stairs, letting go of my hand, "Where's Shane?" He growls with his muscles tensed up, looking at all of the stunned faces around the room, and sniffing the air to figure out if he's even here or not, and like always, he's not.
I run my hand along his arm, trying to calm him down, "What happened, is everything alright?" I whisper to him, and he looks over his shoulder at me, his face softening a little.
"He's threatening our pack, he says he's with the Helthum's now, Summer and Cassidy's old pack, and they want Summer back for her power." Aidan tells me through the link so that others won't hear and get all worked up over this just yet.
Owen strolls in, "Shane left an hour ago, what did he do?" By the look that crosses Owen's face, I can tell that Aidan told him. I knew something was up with Shane, and whenever he came back he did smell a little funny, he must've been going to the Helthum's territory, and his mate must be one of them or else he never would've switched sides on us. "What are we going to do?" Owen asks after we get into a room alone, and we both look at Aidan for the answer.
He furrows his eyebrows together, pinching the bridge of his nose, "Shane gave me two choices, give up Summer, or war. She won't want to go back, and her mate is Cade, and I'm not letting both of them go to the Helthums." The room turns silent, so it's war, then. Shane probably planned this, once the new Alpha came to power he would want to attack since he has less experience, that cheap-shooting bastard. "I told Shane that I'd think about it to buy us time, and that he's no longer welcome here. He gave me two days, and a time and place to be with either Summer or an army, or else they'll invade."
"Better start gathering troops, then." I mutter, and he nods so we leave the room and we enter the family room where Aidan had asked everyone to gather, and he tells them of our situation.
"Everyone who would like to join in the fight, please meet me in the weapons room." He announces, and murmurs fill the room while some get up and head to the weapons room, and he spots Cade and stops him, "I don't want you fighting, Cade, I let you out of training early 'cause of Summer, but you're too young."
Cade pushed Aidan's hand off of his shoulder, "I need to protect Summer, I'll be fine, alright?" He argues, and he glances over at me and back at Cade, understanding and nods, letting him go.
Arriving at the spot that Aidan told everyone to go, it seems like almost everyone had decided to fight, and Aidan grins, knowing the other pack won't stand a chance. About half of the people prefer to fight with weapons as humans, and the other half as wolves. Everybody get's their weapon of choice, and since I'd perfer to be a human so that I can use my power more easily, and as much as I'd love to be like Katniss, I suck with a bow and arrow so I take a large sword. I swing it effortlessly around before sheathing it in the case strapped to my back. We immediately start preparing and training a bit more to make sure our plans will go flawlessly, Aidan's going to be a wolf while I'll be human and he had promised to stick close to me.
I figure out that I can cover the blade of the sword in flames with my power, and this is definitely going to make for an interesting fight. Heather teaches me how to use throwing knives, this woman is just full of random fighting knowledge, it really surprises me. I feel like with all of this preparation, we'll be able to win the fight, but the only thing I'm really worried about is what the Alphena's power is for their pack, I can only hope that it's something stupid like controlling the weather or something useless in a fight, like seeing ghosts or spirits.
Owen's a little mad at Dawson, because she insisted on fighting, because she can definitely help. Her smell will irritate the enemy, and we're already used to it so it won't bother us. She's really good when it comes to fighting apparently, which will help her because the werewolves will undoubtedly want to attack her first. Dawson doesn't want to fight with weapons, just her hands, but we're making her have a knife just in case.
Aidan stands up on top of a few crates in the front of the large weapons room that we were using to train in, "Alright everybody, you can either continue training or go home and sleep, but come back tomorrow because that's our last day to prepare." He declares, and that's when I realize how long we've been training, it felt like nothing, we were all so concentrated on what we were doing, and mostly everyone exits and goes home, and I pull my ten trowing knives out of the target I was flinging them at so I can throw again.
I walk back a good fifty feet, and Aidan jumps off the crates and comes over to me, "Hey Aidan, how do you think the fight's going to go?" I throw a knife straight into the target, I'm getting pretty good at this.
"Nice throw, and I'm pretty confident in our pack, but I'm worried about their Alphena." He says in a low voice so that other's don't hear and get worried, but apparently the only thing I feared is worth fearing, because he probably knows her power and is worried about it. I raise my eyebrows, questioning him, and he sighs, continuing, "She can control animals, like make them do what she wants. She could go kidnap a few tigers from a zoo and have them fight against us, their pack isn't very large but if they have enough animals fighting us, they have a chance." I throw another knife angrily into the target, this is going to make everything so difficult, as if it wasn't bad enough that we only get one more day to prepare.
I throw a couple more knives, "How do you know?"
Aidan shrugs, "I asked Summer." He answers, and I should've known, stupid me. Of course Summer or Cassidy would know, they were with their pack before they came here, I should've asked one of them. I sigh, and throw the rest of my knives. Aidan follows me back to my target and I pull them out at put them away along with my sword that I still had, and he holds my hand, leading us back to the house and to our new room.

We walk hand in hand with everyone following us to observe the spot that Shane had specified that we have to be at tomorrow, Aidan said that we're going to get a lay of the land. We make it to the large open space that's in no pack's territory, and it has a lot of terrain, large hills and a couple of cliffs high above us, deep holes in the ground and a pond near the center. We slowly walk through it, making sure there were no traps set up for us to wander into tomorrow.
"This is the place." Aidan declares, and we start setting up our strategy, we'll be coming in on the opposite side that the Helthum pack should, at least Shane took that into consideration. We start setting up and training here instead of going back, and I think that we have a good chance even if the Alphena can control animals. I'm worried about having people die, though, the worst thing about battles is the aftermath, seeing how many of the people you love died. I stand near the center of the battlefield, observing the training, and I feel Aidan's furry wolf body rub up against my side, and I place my hand on the back of his neck, "I'm sure this is going to work out fine, stop worrying." His voice echos in my mind.
I sigh, "We don't have much time, though, I don't want anyone to die." I run my fingers through his fur, I can't believe this is already happening, we'll be insanely lucky if everyone survives, and I highly doubt it will happen. I hate Shane for revealing this now instead of doing it whenever the hell he decided to go with the Helthums, which must have been a long time ago.
"I don't either, but we can't do anything about it."
We finish training, and when we get back we set everything up so that it's ready for tomorrow, all the people staying in human forms gets a back up knife that straps to their hip along with their actual weapons, and we let everyone leave after everything's ready.

We all gear up and head towards the battlefield cautiously, they could easily attack us before we get there, because they know where we're coming from, and know that we most likely know that we're not going to give Summer to them. I'm in the front with Aidan, and for the moment he's human so that he can negotiate with the Alpha of the other pack when we get there.
Once we get there and fill into the clearing, the Alpha stands in front with Shane behind him, and we have a good 100 feet between us. "Hello, Aidan, so based on your army assembled behind you, I take it you're not giving Summer back to us." David, the Alpha of the Helthum pack observes, frowning.
"Can't you see that she wouldn't even want to go back to you anyway? She left for a reason, we don't have to fight over something as tedious as this." Aidan reasons with him, but David doesn't seem convinced.
He shrugs, "Is it tedious? You have a specially powered wolf that should belong to us." David argues, crossing his arms. I look around the pack assembles behind him, and I notice that there aren't any animals among them, strange. I would think that they would do their best to exploit their one specialty in this fight, but I guess I may have been wrong.
Aidan shakes his head, "Summer should have her own free choice, do we really need to fight over this?" He tries again to have David look at the logical point of view, and I can only hope that he will listen and give up on getting Summer back against her will.
"We don't if you give her to us." David answers cockily, smirking. He seems completely set on a fight, although we're doing our very best to avoid getting into one, doesn't this guy care at all about self preservation?
Aidan sighs, looking back at me, and taking my hand, pulling me to his side, "Then I guess we do have to fight," He says just loud enough for David to be able to hear, "We can do this, Jordan." He whispers, giving me a small smile.
"Together?" I return his smile.
"Together." He assures me.
David grins, giving his army the signal to attack, and he shifts himself, as they begin to run at us.