Coincidence?

~Possible trigger warning for abuse and drugs~

As the thunder cracks in the sky and the wind blows hard enough to sway trees, you'd have to be stupid to be outside at a time like this, or so Sinbad thinks as he pulls his bedsheet over his head in a bad attempt to block out the noise before hearing his doorbell ring. Startled and somewhat shocked at just why on earth somebody would be at his house of all places. With a sigh he drags himself out of bed and nearly falls as he stumbles down the stairs, ready to verbally chew out whoever was on the other side of the door.

What Sinbad did not expect however, was opening the door to Judals small and shaking frame.

His breath catches in his throat at the site.
Despite Judal hating Sinbad, the older man had always had a soft spot for him for reasons unknown to himself. So seeing Judal leaning against the door-frame, clutching his arms around himself as if his life depends on it and looking sickly pale.

Before he even has a chance to catch his breath and begin talking Judal is already muttering things under his breath that Sinbad can't quite make out before his eyes roll back, body swaying as his head falls forward along with the rest of him, letting out a small and barely audible whimper as he's taken into Sinbads strong grip before letting his eyes fall shut and going limp.

To say Sinbad was shocked is an understatement, he had never expected something like this to happen in his lifetime, never mind him of all people being the person Judal was seemingly seeking hospitality from.

With a soft sigh Sinbad closes the door, bringing Judal upstairs to one of his guest rooms and laying him down, deciding it'd be best to not startle him and to instead let him sleep.

Now that he was seeing him in the light, Sinbad was even more surprised at the state of Judals health.
It'd hardly been a month since he'd last seen him but Judal seemed to have withered away to nothing, his ribs and hip bones protruding under his ivory flesh, hair a tangled mess with stains of things it'd probably be best Sinbad didn't know the origins of. His clothes were ripped and torn in places and showing scars that seemed to have been months maybe even years old. Purple and blue bruises were scattered all over Judals skin, some in the shape of hand marks around his wrists, hips and ankles and some clearly from other sources that Sinbad wasn't sure he even wanted to identify.

And then he saw the small but bruised punctures on Judals upper arms.
Surely the boy hadn't been that out of his mind that he'd been using drugs? With a body like that it's a miracle Judal hadn't already been hospitalised, or at least not from what Sinbad had heard.

With a sigh Sinbad stands up, before noticing the patches of colour on Judals right hand going all the way up his arm to his shoulder as well as ones spread out on his hips. Sinbad hadn't been sure at first if those were just bruises but he was sure bruises didn't go all the way up someone's arm and have splotches of pinks and greens, mixed with purples and yellows and so many other beautiful colours.

It had suddenly reminded Sinbad of their first meeting, Judal has tripped over himself in a bar and ended up falling into Sinbad, luckily he had caught him by his...no. No, no, no. That would be impossible. There's no way somebody who hates Sinbad with such a burning passion like Judal does could ever be his soulmate.

But the placement is all too familiar, Judal had bumped into Sinbads chest on his right side, the same side as the one covered in coloured patches. Sinbad had also caught him by his hips, the same hips that had thin lines of colour on them. It could be no coincidence that Sinbads chest and hands were also coloured at those exact same places, though he hadn't previously realised in his somewhat intoxicated state, along with it taking a good few hours for the once black markings to go away and instead to form the array of colours than now lay in their place.

Being brought out from his mind by the small noises coming from Judals throat Sinbad stands up, albeit too quickly and rushes to find a small towel to dampen, suddenly remembering Judals current condition it's the most he felt he could do for him without seeming invasive.

With a sigh he placed the folded up towel over Judals forehead as he watches the young boys eyebrows knit together in discomfort. He hadn't noticed before that he was making soft whimper like noises, his lips quivering and chapped as his features twitched, never quite forming into anything of peace.

Deciding to at least not utterly confused him upon waking up, Sinbad stays in the room with Judal, sitting on a chair at the side of the bed and watching him intently while every so often getting up again to ensure the towel was always at a cool temperature.

It's no secret Sinbad is infatuated with Judal, from day one he'd always wanted to see other sides of him that he knew the boy had but for some reason kept locked away from the public eye, and it breaks his heart that the first time he's seeing Judal truly vulnerable is when he's in such a state like this, with no explanation at all of how things had ended up this way.

Sinbad can only pray that Judal wakes up soon.

(Aaah, it feels so good to get back into writing now that I've improved! Anyway, here's the first fanfic I'm writing on this new account and I hope you like it so far! Sorry for any spelling mistakes, sometimes my phone doesn't have a clue what I'm trying to type so autocorrect isn't much help but I'll hopefully remember to read over it on my computer and fix them then.
Feel free to comment to your heart's content! As much as I am doing this for fun it's still always great to see what people think of my work! Bye for now lovely!)