xvi. Whole Lotta History

—✧—✧—✧—✧—

—✧—✧—✧—✧—

SIXTEEN WHOLE LOTTA HISTORY

—✧—✧—✧—✧—

       HOLLY, AFTER SPENDING far too much money in Honeydukes, begins to wonder how sneaky she can be, walking through Hogsmeade with a massive Honeydukes bag and mostly dark clothes — and sure, she probably could've gotten away with both, if it was in wintertime, because the bag could be filled with Christmas presents, and generally people wear darker clothes during that season. But Holly, when she woke up this morning and thought, 'what do I wear to meet someone's godfather who was wrongly convicted of murder?' didn't take into account how most people are beginning to wear light denim and white this time of year, and Holly's decision of a yellow-checked skirt and black turtleneck didn't raise any alarm bells at the time.

       She reaches the stile, where Harry, Ron, and Hermione are standing around, and for a minute she feels bad for being a couple minutes later. She hears her dad's voice in her head, it's always better to be fashionably late. A black dog sits patiently next to the stile, couple newspapers in their mouth.

      "Sorry I'm late," says Holly, grimacing. "But I saw that the letter said bring food and Honeydukes was on the way, so I thought I may as well get something — I don't know what he likes, so I just bought a bunch of stuff—"

       "It's fine," says Harry. He smiles at her, and he glances down towards the dog. "So, Holly, this is Sirius."

       Holly frowns. "That is a dog."

       "That is Sirius," says Harry. Holly looks down at the dog, who's happily sniffing the Honeydukes bag she's holding onto. She looks back up at Harry, as if to say what the hell? "He's an Animagus."

       "OK," says Holly.

       Sirius the Dog (this is bizarre) turns and starts to walk towards a makeshift trail up the side of a mountain. The other three begin to follow him, and she follows, a little confused by this whole thing. She walks along the trail, sticks and stones pushing into the soles of her shoes.

       The bag in her hand is becoming heavier and heavier, the more she's led down this strange little trail on the side of the mountain. Eventually, they reach a narrow fissure in a rock, and Holly glances at the other three, who all look sweaty and out-of-breath. Holly's fine. She supposes it's the hour of exercise every morning.

       Sirius the Dog (what the fuck) seems to have slipped through the fissure in the rock, and so, the three squeeze themselves through. Holly waits to go last, and glances around before slipping into the gap in the rock, pushing herself through. As she steps into the small cave, the dog has turned back into a human, and there stands Sirius Black, the man who's face was plastered around Diagon Alley a year or so ago.