T W O

Waking up the first thing I felt was the banging in my head and the soreness of my throat. I attempted to sit up by instead I was pinned down. Opening my eyes I was met by a chest which my hands rested on which were really warm. I shifted again but the arm wrapped around my back and around my head held me still.

My eyes slowly trailed up to see Ricks face dead asleep against.  Neither of us were wearing tops and I could feel his leg against my own. I knew I was naked but I couldn't tell if he was completely.

The headache began to get worse as I tried to think why we were like this. I leant my head up to see toward laying on the floor.

"Fuck" I swore freaking out "oh shit" I said pushing on Ricks shoulder and he opened his eyes looking up at me with a empty look "Rick were naked, at least I am did we?" I asked and he pulled away stretching

He winced rubbing his forehead before sitting up against the headboard "no I don't think so" he said before a look of realisation covered his face as he looked at me nervously

"Why do you keep looking at me like that?" I asked still stressing about our situation

He leant forward grabbing my arm "do you remember what happened when we got back yesterday?" He asked and I shook my head "I'm sorry Mia but Abraham-"

As soon as he said that it flashed through my mind and the silent tears ran down my face "Abraham and Glenn" I mumbled

I laid back down and turning away from Rick silently letting the tears run down my face "Mia?" He asked and I felt the bed shift as he leant over holding my shoulder "Mia-"

"Get out" I mumbled before digging my face into the pillow. I heard him get up before he stumbled out of the room. I heard the sound of jeans and belts before he stood in front of my side of the bed "What?" I growled into the pillow

"I can't find my shirt" he mumbled. I sat up swinging my legs over the side of the bed looking around to spot it under the bed. I held it out to him and watched as he took it placing it over himself still looking me in the eyes. "I'm sorry"

I looked down at my naked body before looking back at him "get out of my sight" he sighed running a hand through his hair leaving the house

I walked over to my drawers grabbing a large shirt and panties pulling them on. I walked slowly down the hallway to Abrahams room looking at its messy state. I pulled the door close sliding down against it letting the emotionless tears pour as I put my head into my knees.

After a while I heard Carl call out before walking up the stairs before standing at the end looking at me "Mia-"

I just laugh "awkward your just like your dad" I frown as the memory of us sitting in the kitchen drinking the Jack flashes through my mind. "Fuck that's why my head hurts" I rub my head

"Do you-" Carl starts but stops before rubbing his arm

"Carl I appreciate the help but I just need to be alone" I say and watch a look of nervousness pass over his eyes "or am I not allowed to be alone?" His eyes snap to mine before opening and shutting his mouth like a goldfish "your here to watch me? You fucking are?!" I swore at the discovery "no offence but I need to be alone"

Carl nodded and headed for the stairway "just if you need anything" he said before disappearing.

"The last Jack sounds perfect right now" I joke to myself pushing myself up into a standing position. As I stumbled to the stairs I looked into the bathroom. Pausing I thought hard about last night "Jesus Christ"

I had showered with Rick. I don't think I could ever look him in the eye again. Stepping closer into the bathroom all the memories flash back into my mind. Us standing under the water silently clutching onto each other as I cried into his chest.

"I really need that Jack" I stuttered before heading down stairs to the kitchen. Seeing a smashed bottle on the ground I stepped around it grabbing the last one "cheers to you Abraham"

After sitting at the counter sipping the bottle I watched Rosita walk in with a nervous look "hey Mia" I looked at her but everything felt slow and sluggish "have you eaten at all today?"

I shook my head attempting to stand up but instead slipped around before holding myself up against the counter. She tried to approach me but I just pointed at her "no no no" I wagged my finger taking another sip "I have beans in the cupboard I'll eat them but I need you to fuck off, I need everyone to fuck off"

She shook her head still approaching me "I can't do that, someone needs to keep an eye on you, the rate your drinking your going to kill yourself"

I shrugged "we all gotta die someday" I took another sip and she snatched the bottle before pouring it down the sink "Your fucking ruining my life" I swore hugging the kitchen bench "I just want to mourn in peace"

"Wake up Mia! Your not the only person grieving" she yelled slamming her hand on the counter before realising she snapped "I'm sorry Mia I just-"

"No I understand" I said and watched her face relax "I'm just some spoilt girl who wants to mourn the death of her brother, how fucking selfish"

"That wasn't-" she started but I cut her off

"No shoo you fucking dog, the next person to enter my place without me asking" I grab a knife from the kitchen bench holder "I'll put it between their eyes"

She looked at me sadly before heading to the front door "ooooo look at me I'm Rosita" I said making myself laugh "fucking good one" my laughs slowly turned into sobs as I released the bench sinking to the floor sobbing into my hands.

I heard people talking before boots got closer to me. I felt warm arms wrap around my shoulders rubbing my back "it's alright Mia" he murmured

Wrapping my arms around his neck I let go of every thought about last night clutching onto him like he was my life support. "I can't do it Rick it's killing me"

He was silent but continued to rub my back as I let the rest of my tears fall.