Prince- Truth

Prince- Truth

Prince Drake

(Prior to battle)

I headed out as usual, tonight was the full moon, and the night that I rescue Flora. I raced down to the opening to the lake and waited a minute, I wanted the sun to go down. I slipped over to the sliver and peeked inside. “You know you could just fall in love with me and all of your problems would be over.” There was a snort, and I guessed it was from Spirit. “Your loss, it looks like the curse is going to last your whole life then.” I stuck my head in further so I could see what was going on.

Spirit stood in the lake, and slowly the water started to rise, lifting her put and swirling around her until she was completely covered. Then it came down and a girl stood there. “Leave Makuff.” She said sharply glaring at him. He laughed and vanished.

The girl had a look of hurt and anger on her face. She stomped out of the water and towards the rise where Spirit usually slept. I pushed myself into the clearing and looked around. Spirit wasn’t around, the only living thing here was the girl. I looked up at her, and see appeared to be brooding.

“Princess?” I called, it had to be her, but that would mean that Spirit and Flora, were the same person.

She jumped and squealed when she saw me. She looked cute with the sudden shock covering her features. “Princess Flora?” I asked louder, just to make sure. She had a confused look then, staring at me, her small brows scrunched together.

“Are... are you a prince?” she whispered watching me carefully. I smiled brightly at her, she must have remembered me!

“I am.” I called walking quickly to be at her side. “I’m Prince Drake. We used to play together as kids.” I sat down beside her, not letting my smile fade. I was so happy right now, the wolf I had fallen in love with is the girl I’m going to marry!

“Wait! You’re that boy?” She cried shocked. “But how did you find me?” She looked down away from me, making me frown.

Gently I lifted her chin so that our eyes met, she had the most stunning green eyes. “Patience.” I whispered, I wanted to get closer and kiss her, she looked so helpless and lost, I wanted, no needed, to wrap her in my arms. “I was out one night with some friends, and we came across this white wolf. I’ve been tracking it for a few weeks. I knew something wasn’t right, it would just vanish into thin air. I kept looking and finally found this entrance. I had to prepare myself for a battle with Makuff, to rescue you.” She turned bright red, and I wanted to steal her away right then. I don’t know what was going on with me but I knew I wanted her. But there was still something I needed to ask her about. “But I’m confused about something.” She looked up at me sharply. “Just before I entered, I was watching...” I frowned, trying word this so that I didn’t freak her out. “And I’m not sure what exactly I saw.”

She looked away, almost like she was ashamed. I didn't like that. “Makuff cursed me.” She mumbled. She pulled her knees to her chest and laid her arms across and rested her chin on them. “In the light of the full moon I can be human.” She looked a lot like Spirit then. The way she held her head and looked out over the water.

“So the entire time he had you, he cursed you?” I asked, she shook her head.

“For three years he locked me in that tower, I couldn’t leave, but when I started to get older his magic demanded that I be given, a chance, I think.” I frowned, not understanding what she was saying. She sighed and tried again. “Because Makuff is a sorcerer he has laws he has to follow. Apparently he can’t just kidnap people without giving them some sort of ‘chance’ at freedom. So he cursed me, I can leave here any time I want, but on the night of the full moon I have to stand in the lake, and I’ll transform into a human once a month. If I’m not in the lake the transformation is painful.” I stared at her in awe, she truly was amazing and I couldn't help the love I was feeling for her.