New family

Robin paused as he felt tears well beneath his mask. He glanced at Starfire, who seemed to be crying silently. "Why must this story be so...grieving?" She whispered hoarsely. The Boy Wonder glared at the floor. "You and me both," he muttered. Starfire looked up at him quizzically. "The story gets...better..." he tried. She nodded for him to continue. This, he did, carefully.
Every night after, Richard had horrible nightmares that replayed the moment that ended a part of him. He'd spring awake, and lay for the rest of the night, too terrified to go back to sleep. Then came the day of the funeral. Dick hated the people who told others opinionated statements of his wellbeing, saying that he'd brush it off one day, or that he would forget about it.
Dick stood beneath the tent as thunder rumbled and rain pattered on the ground. He stared blankly at the gravestones reading the words upon them over and over. "Hello, Dick," a voice said kindly behind him, "I'm Bruce Wayne." Dick looked up at the tall man with blue eyes and shaggy black hair. "I'm sorry about your loss," the man continued solemnly. Richard fixated his eyes back upon the ground. "Thanks, Mr. Wayne. I heard you paid for all of this." Bruce nodded. "So, how are you holding up?" he gave a sideways glance. "I'll be okay. At least, that's what everyone's been telling me." Dick's eyes trembled. "I miss them," He said shakily. "Its just not fair." Bruce was quiet for a moment. "Anyway, thanks again." Richard shuffled into the downpour. Suddenly, Bruce stopped him. "Would you like to come live with me? As my foster son?" Dick whipped his head to look at Bruce in awe. I don't have anywhere to go, he thought. So, Dick nodded. He got into the fancy car that a man named Alfred was driving. They drove for a while, up a hill, until they stopped. Bruce scooted out of the seat. Richard soon followed. His eyes widened and his mouth fell open as he took in the sight of the large mansion. Bruce's hand rested on Dick's shoulder. The man smiled. "Welcome home, Dick."