The Circus

Robin awoke one morning to a spark in his mind. Today's the day, he thought grumpily. Swinging out of bed, he trudged out the door.

He went to the gym, the main stress reliever for these kinds of days. Robin took off his shirt, threw on some shorts, and let his godforsaken unruly hair fall in his eyes. Wrapping his hands in tape, Robin shut the locker door with a satisfying clang and began his workout. He hacked at the punching bag, savoring the sting in his knuckles. Suddenly he realized something.

No one else was awake. He gave a secretive grin. No one's awake, he sang in his mind.

Robin walked over and slid up a wall panel. he pressed a hand against a hidden keypad. Next, he peeled off his mask and allowed a small computer to scan his eye. "Richard John Grayson," he stated to the receiver. It blinked green, and a door slid open.

Inside was a hidden steel cavern. It was a hidden room in the very lowest part of the Tower. Of course it was. Robin had built it himself. Snapping his fingers, two tall poles rose up from the ground. There was a deck overhead. Climbing up the ladder, Robin stood on the platform. "Introducing our greatest act...the amazing, the one and only, Flying Grayson!"