Chapter One

Titania Lestrange lay on her bed, dreading the day ahead of her. It was her eleventh birthday, the day she would have traditionally received her Hogwarts Letter inviting her to attend Hogwarts, where she would have been trained to control her magic.

Titania would have been sorted into Slytherin, she would have made friends her age, she would have been accepted. She would ride the train to Hogwarts on September 1st, making new friends and having fun. Later, she would go to the Slytherin Common Room, where she would have gone to sleep in a comfy bed surrounded by other girls her age.

They might have gossiped and had fun talking to one another, getting to know each other as they prepared to live with one another for the next seven years. She would have found her best friend then, Titania knew it.

A sharp rap at her door startled Titania from her dreaming. Wearily, she climbed out of bed and answered the door.

"Good morning, Narcissa," Titania greeted, and her aunt gave a nod.

"Good morning," Narcissa said, "Breakfast is ready, and the mail is here." She turned down the halway and Titania slumped. From the way Narcissa had talked, there wasn't a Hogwarts acceptance letter on the table with the rest of the mail.

Titania closed her door and started to get dressed, already disappointed with how the day was starting. Narcissa had been cold towards her, she had daydreamed her time away, yet again, on something that wouldn't happen, and there wasn't going to be a Hogwarts acceptance letter with the mail on the table.

Titania climbed her way downstairs gloomily, not expecting today to be any different than the rest, unless she unexpectedly would show magic . then this would be the best day of her life instead of the worst.

Entering the dining room, there were no presents, there was no special breakfast, and Draco was chattering nonstop again.

"Good morning, Draco, Lucius, Narcissa," Titania greeted quietly. Draco looked up at her and greeted her excitedly, but Lucius and Narcissa ignored her.

Draco went on talking, and Titania sat down at her spot at the table, looking down on the scrambled eggs and toast on her plate. She picked at her food and wondered if Draco remembered that it was her birthday.

He probably didn't, because he was so caught up in the new broom he had just gotten last week. It wasn't latest edition, but it was something he could learn how to play Quidditch on.

Draco loved Quidditch more than he loved waffles, which was saying something for a nine year old boy. He talked about it constantly, and dreamed of playing on the Slytherin team. Titania just dreamed of being a Slytherin.

"Narcissa and I would like to talk to you after breakfast, Titania." Luciud asked her in the small gap of time that was left with Draco's talking.

Titania felt her world cave in as she stilled in her seat. If both of them wanted to talk to her, than it was probably not a good sign, because each only both talked to her at the same time for big news.

"Ok, Lucius," Titania felt herself say, but it felt like another person was saying it. She stared at her plate and wondered what they were going to do, since she hadn't gotten her Hogwarts letter, since she wasn't magic.

Breakfast ended shortly and Draco went off to go and fly around on his broomstick, after he made Lucius promise he would come out there and help him soon.

Titania stayed in her seat, with her head bowed, a straight back, and her hands clasped in her lap. The three of them sat in silence for a couple of minutes before Narcissa started the conversation they were all dreading.

"You will not receive your Hogwart letter," Narcissa began, "We have already checked with Professor McGonagall."

There was a lingering silence again, and this time Lucius began speaking.

"However, you need something to occupy you. Since you are not magic, you cannot go to Hogwarts. We have decided that you will instead become a servant instead. You will do the laundry, instead of Narcissa."

Titania remained still in her seat, almost not breathing. The laundry? She couldn't remember even having one chore in her life, she had always ordered the House Elves to do it, or Narcissa had started the laundry with a wave of her hand.

"You will be moved to the laundry room, along with the rest of your belongings, so you can complete your tasks without moving to far from your room." Lucius continued, as if he was reciting from memory, something he had practiced.

"Like any other of our servants, you will address us respectfully. I will be Mistress Malfoy, and Lucius will be Mister Malfoy. The House Elves will help you prepare to start you duties tomorrow." Narcissa said, and Titania nodded dutifully.

"Yes, Na - Mistress Malfoy." Titania said quietly, and she stayed in her seat as the two left the room.

She had not known what to expect, but she knew deep down, that she deserved it. She was a Squib, no better than a muggle, someone who had no magic, no prestige.

Once again Titania stared at her hands, wishing they were something better than they were, that they could create and wield magic. They taunted her with their plainness, unable to do anything extraordinary.

Titania sat in that seat for a long time, nub at the prospect at what could have been but had not been. She was only disturbed by the tug on her skirt from a House Elf.

"Dobby has been told to help Mistress Titania move from the upstairs. If Mistress Titania would be pleased, Dobby could help Mistress Titania now." The House Elf, named Dobby, said.

Titania nodded numbly and got up, following Dobby up the stairs to her once room. Slowly, with the help of Dobby, she moved her possessions to the downstairs room by the laundry room.

The room was considerably smaller, and two floors down from where she had been residing previously since she had been moved here from her parents house. Her bed took an entire wall, and he closet was half the size it had been previously.

Her belongings fit in her room without too much crowding, which Titania was grateful for. She knew that this was going to be her room for a long time, most likely for the rest of the time she spent here.

Dobby was about to leave the room to continue other chores he had been assigned when she stopped him.

"Dobby," Titania called, and he stopped inside the doorway, where he had been leaving the room.

"Yes, Mistress Titania?" He asked.

"Dobby, call me Titania. I am no longer a master of you. As a Squib," Titania hesitated, once again looking at her hands, "I am now a servant too. I am not above you anymore. Just, just call me Titania."

"Dobby will do what you will wish, Titania." He said, and then continued out of the room.

Titania sat still on her bed, taking deep breaths so she didn't cry. Her life had been taken away, her power, her future involving her family. All because her hands could not wield the magic.

Standing up, Titania rifled through her clothes to find one specific item. Finding them, she put them on and looked at her hands satisfactorily. Now her hands were gloved.

Titania sat on her bed again and looked at her now covered hands. Gloves would cover her hands. Gloves would cover her shame.

A/N: Hello! Happy Easter/Passover (or whatever else if going on religiously if you're religious)! If not religious, Happy April Fools! Either way, this chapter is not an April Fools, it's the real deal.

How did y'all like this chapter? Was it satisfactory? What do you think Tania's future will hold? What are your opinions on the Malfoy family? How do you think Draco will react?

Please comment any inconsistencies you see and got if you liked this chapter!

-palladiums' podge