Prologue

Titania Lestrange, nicknamed Tania, sat beside her Auntie Narcissa on a bench inside the Ministry. She sat straight and tall, only three years old and unaware of her present situation. She was the daughter of the much hated, well known, Death Eaters Bellatrix and Rodolphus Lestrange, and her parents had just been thrown into Azkaban.

She didn't know this, of course. All Tania knew was that Mother and Father weren't here anymore, and she was probably going to go live with Auntie Narcissa and Uncle Lucius and Little Draco, her cousin. Uncle Lucius was inside the Ministry right now, sorting everything out for her.

Swinging her legs, Tania looked up at the sound of swiftly approaching footsteps, only to see Uncle Lucius approaching them. He gave a nod to Auntie Narcissa, who then got off the bench and pulled Tania by her arm to the fireplace, where they would Floo themselves back home.

"Is it done?" Auntie whispered to Uncle, and he nodded.

"We have full custody of her, she is ours to keep and raise. Since we're in the clear with," Uncle hesitated, "Any charges that may have happened, we don't have to worry about finding places for Titania or Draco in case things go sour."

Narcissa gave a sigh, and holding Tania, they used the Floo powder, going back to the babysitter's house, before heading to their Manor. Looking around the large gardens and extravagant house, Tania knew deep down in her tiny heart, that she would not see Mother, Father, or their house again in a very, long time.

***

Tania played with her cousin Draco and his playmates while the adults around them gossiped plainly. Tania was already bored with the younger children, who were five while she was seven. Looking towards the adults, who seemed to be very serious, Tania decided the best form of entertainment would be to go listen in on the conversation.

Escaping from the little kids who were running around playing tag, Tania crawled through the bushes until she was behind the adults, then sat and listened.

"Pansy threw a fit two days ago and showed magic finally. She was a bit of a late bloomer, I guess. How has Vincent been with showing magic? Has he shown any yet?" A woman's voice said, and Tania recognized her as Mrs. Parkinson.

"Just before we left actually, he started to make dishes float in the air because he wanted to continue eating. We are so excited, but we've been expecting it around this age. Irma and I both showed magic around this age as well." Was the droll reply of Mr. Crabbe, who didn't seem very excited.

"Speaking of late bloomers," Someone Tania recognized as Mrs. Goyle, whose son hadn't shown any magic yet, "Has Tania shown any magic?"

Tania squirmed and looked at her hands, her ordinary hands, that hadn't show any signs of magic yet.

"No," Came Aunt Narcissa's voice, "We haven't seen any signs, nothing at all. Draco has shown magic, but she hasn't. Not yet."

Her tone and voice made the subject seem over, but Mrs. Parkinson continued to question.

"That is certainly odd, isn't it? Both Bellatrix and Rodolphus had shown magic by the time they were five!" She pondered.

"It makes you wonder," Came Mrs. Crabbe's voice, "If she is a squib?"

Tania sat, shell shocked. Could she be a Squib? Someone who had no magic, none at all? Squibs were worse than mudbloods, because they had failed their family. Instead of being able to use magic like the rest of their family, they shamed them by having no magic at all.

Silence followed Mrs. Crabbe's question, as everyone else seemed in shock at the possibility as well. Gradually, the conversation moved on, but Tania didn't listen, only staring at her hands, wondering is she was a disappointment, a failure, a Squib.