***

It was a stormy grey day, and there was yet another playdate going on. Tania had grown some resistance to Draco and his usual whininess, but she could not stand him when he was around his friends. He put on a front, as much as an eight year old could, trying to make those around him think he was cool.

Tania already knew that the boy could probably lead them all on a quest around the world and the other eight year olds would follow him with no hesitation. Unknowingly, he had already fulfilled his point in life and had become a leader to them.

Tania bitterly wished that she had the same ability, or had the chance to show off her leadership skills. More than once she had shared her experience as an older child, only to be shut down, on one, simple, fact.

Tania hadn't shown any magic yet. Nothing had mysteriously appeared near to her when it had been taken away. She hadn't saved herself from falling out of the tree when she was 8, giving herself a broken arm. She hadn't made anything explode, or float, or disappear once in all of her ten years of life.

This was the biggest disappointment of her life. It was worse than not being able to be raised by her blood parents. Worse than being stared at in public because of who her parents were. Worse than the consistent teasing bestowed by the younger purebloods, all who had experienced accidental magic, all who were younger than her by two years.

Tania once again stared at her soft hands, trying to force magic out of them. It had caused so many problems in her life, so much sadness, and she was only ten. Slowly, Narcissa and Lucius had become increasingly more affectionate to Draco as she got older, but leaving her out.

At times, it was easy to say that it was because she wasn't their child. She was their niece, but she wasn't born from them. They hadn't initially wanted her. However, one night she had noticed that when she had said goodnight, and that she loved them, they had been stiff and hadn't responded.

Later that night, she had sat in her bed and looked at the blank wall and wondered when it had become the norm to ignore her. Deep down, she knew the reason, and was ashamed and disgusted with herself. She had no magic, even when she had magic blood.

"Oh look," Tania heard Pansy say, "It's Tania!" Pansy flounced her way over to where Tania was sitting by the window and gave a nasty smile.

"Have you had any magic yet?" She asked, and Tania steadfastly ignored her, chanting inside her head.

Ignore her. Ignore her. Ignore her.

"Got nothing to say?" Pansy pouted, and turned to Millicent, who had shadowed her into the room.

"You see, my Mother has been telling me that you might be a Squib! Wouldn't that be terrible, Millicent? To be a lousy Squib?" Pansy asked.

Millicent gave a shrug. Tania knew that just recently, much to Millicents relief, she had just experienced and caused accidental magic not even a month ago.

"What's going on here?" Asked Narcissa as she entered the room.

"Oh nothing!" Pansy said with a smile. Narcissa looked at her doubtfully.

"Pansy, Millicent, your mother's are looking for you. Hurry on, their in the Front Hall." Narcissa instructed, and Tania felt a sense of relief fall through her. If Pansy and Millicent were going, that meant the rest of the other group was going to go as well.

Pansy and Millicent trudged out of the room, and Tania could hear them thumping down the stairs. Tania looked up at Narcissa hesitantly, who seemed to notice that Tania wanted to say something. She waited patiently as Tania formed her words.

"Am I," Tania began hesitantly, "Am I a Squib?"

Tania watched as Narcissa instantly seemed to go cold, and her face transformed into something harsher than she had seen before.

"I would really hope not, Tania. It would not be good for anyone." Were her parting words.

Tania sat in the seat, slumped down and gazing at the window as the stormy clouds gave into the temptation and started to release their rain. She knew that nothing would ever be the same.

A/N: I am so excited by this! While I have seen fan fictions featuring Bellatrix's daughter, I decided to turn the cliche and make her a Squib. I really feel like this is going to go well, and I'm excited to explore a little different side than usually seen.

However, credit must be given where credit is due. @kmbell92 definitely gave me the idea to look at the other side of the story with Les Mis, and some of the Crow series. I recommend everyone to check them out!

I don't believe I am plagiarizing BUT if I am, please contact me and let me know!

-palladiums podge