On We Go!

Deku's leg bounced as he sat on the bullet train, sweating slightly as he inched his hand to his right. Todoroki sat next to him, sleeping peacefully, and Deku's chest felt weird as he watched Todoroki's chest rise and fall. His tray down, Todoroki's hand stayed still on top of it. Deku slowly inched his hand over to Todoroki's resting hand, and laced his fingers between it. He didn't really know why he did, but his face threatened to break out into a beaming smile. His chest felt full of helium, and he turned to look out the window. Watching the scenery go by, he wondered what would happen during the class trip.

Both Deku and Todoroki lurched forward as the train eased into the station. Deku's eyes snapped open, and turned to Todoroki. Confused, Todoroki seemed to be staring at something in front of him. Following his gaze, Deku realized he was holding Todoroki's hand still. Deku's eyes widened and he snatched his hand out if Todoroki's grasp.

"S- Sorry!!" Deku's voice crackled in apology. Todoroki softly smiled, bringing his hand softly into his lap.

"It's fine, Deku," Todoroki face softened more than it already had. Deku's face felt hot. Suddenly, a crackled voice came overhead

"Tokyo Station." it called. Deku snapped up his tray and Todoroki followed suit, pausing for a moment when his hand passed over where the two hands had been intertwined. They stood up, and searched around for the rest of the class. Following the grumpy Bakugo onto the platform, the whole class took in the sights.

Deku wondered around the streets, Todoroki in tow. They were let loose in the city until 7pm, so they had a few hours before dinner with the class. Deku ran in and out of the huge building, buying hero merch and admiring the sights. Todoroki followed him like a puppy, but Deku was much too distracted by the sights to pay attention to Todoroki's reactions. He smiled as Deku's eyes gleamed at all the stores, and watched Deku take pictures with various people dressed up as heroes.

As the evening drew on, dusk fell on the city and the two realized how far they were from the hotel. They rushed back to dinner, pushing through the hotel's doors. The class waited in the lobby, Tsuyu holding the pager for the big table they'd all sit at. Flustered and slightly out of breath, the two joined a few others lounging on a couch.

Later, Deku and Todoroki broke off from their friend groups as they all went their ways and moved up to their rooms. Together they found their room opened their door with Todoroki's card, promising to check Deku's card after they changed out of their uniforms.

Giggling about a joke one of their classmates had made during dinner, the two turned their attention to their room. Their laughter ceased, and their faces dropped.

"Todoroki-kun, there's only one, right?" Deku asked tentatively.

"Yes, Deku-kun." Todoroki said gravely. "There's only one bed."