The rest of the week didn't go much better. Percy and Annabeth avoided each other completely, though she just seemed angry at him, not necessarily hurt. He was talking more with Frank and Leo instead and trained whenever he had nothing to do and no monsters to fight off. He was still thinking about Nico. Now he had broken up with Annabeth one would think they could be together. But Percy was scared. He wasn't sure why, but what if Nico found somebody else now? What if Nico hated him now for thinking he had only used the boy? What was Percy going to do when he saw him next? Would Nico be happy to see him if they met by chance? Things like that kept running through his head, distracting him. He had lost weight and felt dizzy, but that didn't make him eat more. He missed the fish Nico had made. Even though he had been kinda irritated by having to eat fish day after day, but Nico had done his best to make it taste different and Percy had found that so cute of him. He sighed, thinking about the younger boy while staring off into the horizon. „So...what are you doing here?" A voice behind him asked and he looked around. It was Jason. „Oh. You." Percy still hadn't forgotten Nico worrying about the guy and telling him about Jason being so nice to him and all. Jason frowned. „You really don't like me, do you? I wonder why that is." He said and leaned against the ship's rail next to Percy. Percy only shrugged and really didn't feel like talking to the son of Zeus. „So...what really happened on that island? With Nico and you?" Percys hands twitched. „What do you care about him?" He asked but noticed it sounded more like a threat. Jason laughed. „He's my friend, of course I care about him. I also know about his feelings. And something tells me that he's confessed to you." Percy looked stubbornly at the sea. „You aren't really good at masking your emotions, Percy. Do you want to talk about it?" Percy sighed. „Maybe he did." „And what did you do?" Percy blushed and looked away. Jasons eyebrows raised. „Oh..." Was all he said and then he turned towards the sea as well. „So...is that why you broke up with Annabeth?" He asked casually and didn't look at Percy. Percy looked down at his hands. „Kind of. I don't know. It's just...we weren't meant to be..." He muttered and Jason glanced sideways. „That's a pretty big statement. What makes you think that?" Percy shrugged. „I had quite some time to think on that island. And i simply realized some things there, I suppose." Jason grinned and Percy frowned. „What's so funny?" Jason shook his head. „You really fell for him, didn't you?" Percy didn't answer at first. He tried to sort his feelings out. „I don't know. I mean...all I know is that whenever I looked at him, my insides went all fuzzy. I couldn't think properly and all I wanted to do was wrap my arms around him and-...well you get what I mean. Now all I do day in and out is think about him and worry myself sick, wondering where he is and what he's doing. If that isn't love then I don't know what is." Jason looked at him oddly for a minute. „A simple yes would have been fine as well." He then muttered and chuckled at Percys expression. „But yeah, I think you can say that's love. Latest you notice is when you look at the person and think 'This is the one!'." Percy sighed. „Yeah...but now he's gone. What if he won't come back? What if he...what if he finds somebody else...?" At that, Jason laughed. He patted him on the shoulder. „Don't worry. Nico has loved you for so long, he'll keep loving you even if you were to stay with Annabeth for the rest of your days." Percy looked away again, unsure whether he was feeling better now or not.

He was woken with a start two days later as the whole ship turned sideways, making him topple out of bed and almost getting crushed by his bedside table. He stumbled to deck and faced at least twenty venti and some other monsters trying to tear apart both ship and crew. He pulled out his ballpoint pen, uncapped it and rushed into the fight with Riptide. Why did those monsters always come in such big herds at the same time? It was like a freaking fast food restaurant in the city. It was either completely empty or completely crowded. He slashed two of the venti in half, trying to get an overview of the situation. Frank and Jason were in the air, fighting off more and Leo was trying to get his Wii-controller for the ship back that something dark and fuzzy seemed to be knocking around. Hazel was nowhere to be seen and he could hear Piper using her charmspeak on some of the venti while slashing at them. Somewhere to his right he could hear Annabeth swear under her breath and behind him was Coach Hedge using his club on another one of the dark fuzzy creatures. Percy slashed wildly at the monsters around him, dodged some attacks here and there and tried not to listen to whatever they had to say. Even though he was pretty occupied right there, his mind still trailed off to Nico. He kept looking around for him to see him fight as he had done in the past but kept reminding himself that Nico wouldn't be here. He spun around, stabbing at a venti and blocking another attack, then went to help Piper since she only had her Katroptis to fight with next to her voice. But his mind kept trailing off, getting him nearly skewered at least five times. „What the hell are you doing?" Annabeth yelled at him as he had narrowly missed another venti trying to pulverize him with lighting. He wanted to say something but was cut off as he felt a stinging pain in his shoulder. One of those dark fuzzy things that looked a bit like cows had attacked him and he had been so busy he hadn't noticed. Pain shot through his body as he watched his shirt tearing and blood oozing from the wound. Oh god, so much blood. He slashed at it just as Leo set it on fire and Jason letting lighting crash down onto it. As it vaporized, it gave off a weak neighing sound, almost making Percy feel sorry for it.