Chapter 5

Hey guys! Happy 4th of July for those who live in the US!! I decided to be extra nice today and update a day early!! I love all you guys! Thank you so much for reading my story... blah blah blah... comment, vote, become a fan... I would really appreciate it!

Chapter 5

            I could feel someone’s chest rising and falling underneath my head. I cracked my eyes open and found the sun just beginning to rise. I looked up towards the sleepers face and a smile played on my lips as I saw Alex. He was still asleep with his mouth parted slightly and his blonde locks tousled. I lay my head back down and listen to his rhythmic breathing. He took a rather deep breath and started to move. I looked up to see him squinting at me but his face soon took on a smile.

“Good morning love.”

“Good morning.” I sighed.

“We should probably get back inside before people wake up and realize we’re not in our bed chambers.” He chuckled starting to get up. He helped me to my feet and grabbed everything before grabbing my hand and leading us back to the castle.

            We got up to the castle doors and thankfully the guards weren’t there at that particular moment and we got to sneak in unnoticed. Alex gave me a quick kiss on my cheek and we parted ways. I literally ran up to my room in a hurry afraid that Amelia may be already up there. Luckily, she wasn’t so I slipped off my dress and climbed back into bed.

            A few minutes later Amelia walked into my room and shut the door. I looked up and she came and sat on the edge of the bed.

“Hello.” I said kind of nervously. What if she had found out about last night?

She gave a ‘seriously?’ look and then a huge grin took over her entire face.

“Where were you last night? Or for that matter, the whole day?!”

“Guess…” I said raising an eyebrow.

“With the Prince.” She whispered excitedly.

I must have blushed because she squealed excitedly. I buried my head in my bed sheets and Amelia squealed even more. I shot my head up and looked at her.

“Shhh!”

She giggled one last time.

“Get up then.” She got off of my bed and went over to the wardrobe. She pulled out a light green dress and turned around handing it to me. I grabbed it and went inside my bathing chamber and slipped it on over my undergarments. I walked back out and found Amelia had grabbed the chair. She motioned for me to sit so I did and I soon felt the relaxing sensation of my hair being brushed. I just sat quietly for Amelia to finish.

            Thankfully, she finished quickly and I was able to go back downstairs. I made my way to the mess hall and was given a plate of eggs and toast with jam. I sat down in the same spot as I usually did in the mess hall and began eating. I began to notice that the mess hall’s residents were getting louder.

“Good day your highness!” I heard someone shout.

I looked up to see Alex looking around the mess hall. I waved at him and he caught my eye before making his way over to me.

“Why didn’t you wait for me in the corridor?” He asked me.

“I didn’t think that you were going to be able to accompany me today.” I answered taking a bite of now cold egg. He took my fork out of my mouth and set it down on the plate. He went around the table and grabbed my hand and I followed him out of the mess hall doors. I could still hear the whispers in the mess hall from the corridor. I knew where we were headed: His dining quarters.