1.

The cave falling. Rin, crying her eyes out while Kakashi was trying all he could to get him out. His last present—to give Kakashi his Sharingan along with the promise to protect Rin. The two of them had to leave, as Obito watched them, his heart clenching in pain as the boulders fell upon him and his world turned black.

  Black. That was his world.

  Pain erupted over and over again in his body, and every time he thought he was dead, the pain would come back, reminding him that he wasn't. He regained consciousness in flashes—remembering little next to nothing. He remembered a wooden spoon diving in his vision as disgusting liquid was forced into his mouth and he vomited over and over again. He remembered a flash of bright red that looked like hair. He remembered someone muttering "shit" whenever he would throw up.

  At one point, the pain subsided after a while and he forced himself to open his eyes. His vision was blearily, as could be said since he remembered he had only one eye now. He tried to move his right arm. It didn't work. Gathering his resolve, he turned his head to look. Nothing. He felt panic rise in his chest. Was he captured by the enemy? He looked around him. He was on a rough bed, the blankets scratchy but he could barely turn his head. He wasn't restrained or chained or the like.

  That was when the vertigo came again and Obito threw up, knocking himself out in the process.

When Obito finally woke up, his eyes were staring straight into the eyes of a small, furry animal with claws and bright red eyes.

  He let out a piercing, girlish scream as he fell off the bed as he groaned in pain before he saw a shadow emerge in the dark cavern. Obito tried to crawl away, but he saw that his right side was stitched and his arm was missing.

  "Is this hell? Am I dead?" Obito asked frantically, "please, I dedicated my life to doing good for other, for caring for the elderly—I am too young to die—" he bawled as the figure paused, before throwing off its cloak.

  He stopped crying immediately when he saw a bright red haired girl, no older than him, her eyebrow raised in amusement. "Well, that was touching, but you really need to rest—" the girl said as the rat that frightened him earlier leapt into her arms.

  Obito didn't know whether to scream or cry.

  And so, he did both.

  He let out a scream that could deafen all of the Shinobi countries while the girl just stared calmly at him as if he was doing something very normal. After a while, screaming got tiring and Obito slumped back on the wood of his bed.
The girl just looked at him in amusement.

  "Having fun?" She asked.

  "No—" he gritted out. Something about the girl unnerved him. No, she truly annoyed him.

  "Good," she said as she let the rat in her arms and let it go free before she put her hands on her hips, "I'm here to make sure you recuperate and don't kill yourself. Thankfully, Madara left some of Hashirama's cell experiments so I was able to continue them."

  "Wait..." Obito sputtered, "Madara? Hashirama?"

  "Oh, don't worry," the girl said calmly, "Madara left ages ago. I think he realized that he was going to die anyways and went journeying on to find a suitable grave for himself. He hasn't been here for years."

  "Where is...where is here?" Obito moistened his mouth.

   The girl shrugged. "How the hell should I know? Fucking Madara didn't even leave me a map when he left."