The Compromise

"You really don't get it?" The black haired boy, Gon, you had heard Pakunoda say was his name. "You can't see why Pakunoda is trying to do this? And why Machi is trying to stop you? You think it's because they're being manipulated? They want to save your leader! What else!? They want their friend back!! IS THAT SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?"

"Shut up. You're just desperate to be saved." Phinks snapped.

Suddenly, Gon stood up and snapped his chains off.

"I'm not saying it to save myself! Take it back!" Gon screamed at him.

"Got a problem?" Phinks activated his aura and put his hands up. "Come at me. I'll break your neck if you take one step."

"Then I won't!! I'm not that dumb!!" The kid screamed back. "Kurapika's not like you! He wouldn't fly into a murderous rage!! If he made a promise, then he'd never break it! Pakunoda knows, because she met him. Our leader will come back if you'd only do what she says!"

"Shut. Your. Mouth. I've heard enough outta you!" Phinks shouted and you scowled at him and stood up.

"Phinks," Franklin spoke up. "Enough already. Let Pakunoda go."

"Wha— You're on their side?!" Phinks was pissed now. He had thought his pal Franklin would at least have his back. After all the blow they had done together...

"Shal." Franklin turned his attention to the younger blonde man. "What is the worst case scenario right now?"

"Hmm." He thought as he glanced over at you. He wondered when you would speak up. Your words would have considerable sway over the group, not that you knew this. But for now, you were quietly listening in, trying not to interfere with Troupe business. "Danchou is already dead, and Hisoka, Pakunoda, Shizuku, Kortopi, Machi and Nobunaga are being manipulated. We won't get to find out where the chain guy is and the two kids escape."

"That's where you're wrong." Franklin had a wise look on his scarred face. "The worst case is all of us dying. The end of the spiders. Compared to that, your scenario is nothing. Am I right?"

"That's true." Shalnark confirmed.

"Either way, you guys are relying too much on Danchou. And then what'll happen if we get destroyed? Won't thtat be the worst betrayal to Danchou? That's how this'll end if we keep fighting. Let her do what she wants. Let the kids and Pakunoda go. And if Danchou doesn't come back... We just kill everyone being manipulated and start over. It's that simple."

"If that'll make you happy." Machi scoffed and walked over closer to you. She was showing her alliance. She would protect Danchou and his happiness above all else. "Though I'm not being manipulated and I won't let you kill me."