Chapter 19 ♥

ll Tayla ll

I opened my eyes at 5:05 in the morning. I felt warm liquid in my bed and pulled the covers back. My water broke and my baby was on the way.

"TaKayla!" I yelled out. The pain of child birth is painful as hell. I knew in the end, it would be worth it when our little Cadence got here. I yelled TaKayla's name once more and she came in rubbing her sleepy eyes.

"It's 5 in the mor-" Her eyes were wide as she looked at my bed sheets. She quickly grabbed the little duffle bag beside my bed that had my clothes and hers in it. We quickly got into the car.

I called Markese over and over again on the way to the hospital but, he didn't answer. I was heartbroken all over again that the pain of going into labor faded away and I started to cry.

I was immediately placed in a delivery room. I was fully dilated and that's when I snapped back into reality that there was actually pain.

"Alright, on the count of 3, push." They began to count down and on 3, I pushed as hard as I possibly could. All of the breath was taken out of me and I started to sweat. TaKayla was there the whole way, holding my hand. The thing that hurt the most was that Markese was missing.

The second push was much weaker and I felt my energy immediately draining. I kept going. "You're doing great baby." TaKayla said wiping the sweat from my forehead.

On the third push, my baby boy was finally here. As they began to clean him up, TaKayla smiled down at me. "Where's Alex?"

"He broke up with me." She said stroking my hair.

"Why?"

"I don't know. That's not important though. Little Cadence is finally here!" She smiled and the doctors brought Cadence in. I held him in my arms and TaKayla and I cooed over him together. He was an exact replica of Markese. My heart still hurt to know he wasn't there.

ll Markese ll

I rolled over out from under Jasmine and grabbed my clothes. I got in my car and checked my phone. I had at least 50 missed calls from Tayla.

Tayla: I'm in labor. 5:09 a.m.

I wasn't even there to be with my son or Tayla while he was born. I felt horrible on the inside.