Part one:chapter one:Awkwardness:Andi

Being a girl with a guy's name, sure you get a lot of the boys' attention but not the desired type.That's one reason I've always hated guys-I mean, not my dad.Do you know how awkward that would be?Another reason is because of something that happened when I was a kid, but more on that later.I have two sisters and a brother-it depends what he does to make me hate him.

Whenever there's a new guy at school-since my brother is only one grade lower than me-he is always brought up at dinner.How I was introduced to him and what "disasters" occured because of me.

So one day, there is a new guy.And of course I had to find out first thing in the morning-on the bus.He follows everyone from the same stop onto the bus and since I have nothing to do but watch everyone get on and find their friends and socialize, I see him first thing he stands up level to everyone.Someone calls my name but the guy looks to the person who called.Oh no,I think to myself. His name is Andy.

"Andrea Lockhart?"Mr.Hopkins, my science teacher calls.

"That's me.I like to be called Andi,"I call and tell him.

"Is that spelled a certain way Miss Lockhart?"

"Yes.A-n-d-i" I hear the new guy gasp slightly.

"Is something wrong Mr.-" Mr.Hopkins pauses to look for Andy's name.

"-Strovski?"

"Uh, no.It's just we have the same name-almost."

"Is that so?You like to be called Andy too?" Andy nods.

"Do you two know each other?"

"No, I'm new to this area." Andy buts in.

"What a shame.That you don't know each other I mean.You should get to know each other." I groan.