Chapter eleven

I was woken to someone lightly kissing my neck.
"Mmm," I hummed rolling over almost off the cot until his strong arms wrapped around my waist holding me in place.

"You going to get up sometime today beautiful?" Daryls husky voice whispered in my ear.
"People are looking for you you slept in." He said getting up on his side.

"Shit," I half mumbled these people need me jumping up I put on my cardigan and made my way outside the tent where people whistled and hooted. My eyes rolled as I made my way over to the group.

"Stock has been taken and a list will be passed around with what we have if you need something that's not on the list write a note and place it in my top draw." I spoke addressing the group of people.

"After that we have chores to do I need the fence up and running plus I need Glenn and Maggie to do a sweep and clear out any walkers take Daryl with you," I said nodding to the redneck.

"The rest of you continue your day as normal unless asked otherwise addy come to my room I need to speak with you, good day everyone," I spoke farewelling the group.

I breathed a sigh of relief as I sat down in my desk the notebook paper touching my fingers.

"So addy how are you settling in?"

"Good I like it here," she replied nervously

"Great now I need you to do your part, what are your skills," I said beginning to write.

"I am good with my battle axe and I'm good with supply runs." She said her voice picking up and the smile reaching her green eyes.

"Good your first job includes watching the perimeter I trust you to protect us yes? And tomorrow you will go on a supply run," I spoke dismissing her from my room as she nodded and put her item list in the draw.

"Oh and make sure you pass around the supply list," I said handing her the papers.