Chapter 3: Finally!

Disclaimer: I do not own Fruit Basket; all rights go to Natsuki Takaya. I only own the plot line. I do not own any songs, videos or pictures if any.

A/N: This is the Sequel to, "Will love come this Fall?" This sequel is where all the drama will start, and how we will touch into Aki's past. But beside that, what are the secrets Mai is hiding?

"YUMI!" The person, who just screamed that Wataru and I, was "love birds"... was none other than Yumi. I stared flabbergasted, were my ears deciving or was it my eyes. I didn't know if I was mad, angry, confused or scared. Maybe all, mabye none. It feels like everything is jumbled like the world biggest ball of twine. But I think between Wataru and I... he was having it worse. "Yu-yumi! What do you mean by that?!" I stared at Wataru, his voice was higher pitched-like a defensive tone. Is he scared that the person he liked thought he liked me, or could it be the person he liked was accusing him for liking me? "It's exactly as I said Wataru, do you want me to spell it out. Or rather sing it? Or how about I do both! "Aki and Wataru sitting in the tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" Okay, now I think Yumi is an absolut jerk right now. "Yumi, why are you acting like this?" Wataru said, his voice more agitate than solem. I looked a good look at Yumi, her hands on her hips, a puffed up chest, her facial expression itself didn't betray her personality. At this point, she would be more teasing than mean, but she's more mean but pained...

I fealt my eyes widen... as realization hit... is she... perhaps... jealous?

I continue to observe, if i'm right... I think I could use this at my advantage.

"Yumi, you never acted like this before. Why so sudden?"

"What makes you think I've never acted like, this is my normal way of talking you know!" Her voice was held like a snap.

"That's wrong!" Wataru quickly said. He stepped forward towards Yumi who only took a small step back.

"The Yumi I know is-" Wataru freezed his speech. No words would float out, like his confident self would usually do. His looked troubled, as if he was reconsidering something. After a minute passed, he finally spoke. "Yumi..." His bangs overshadowed his eyes, as his voice was more softer and sinciere. Than... the fire lit. The look of determination finally sparked and a flame started.

"The Yumi I know is strong, someone who is spoiled and acts like a brat somtimes. She expects things  right away, she doesn't know the meaning of personal space and get's overly worried. But.. her personality can never be beat, she's brave and sweet. She's somone who you can rely on, and always gives in at the end. She's beautiful and sweet and Iove her. I LOVE YOU YUMI!" I stared wide eyed, then a gust of wind flew by. It was funny, flowers from the sakura tree started to fly around Wataru, his blushing but determined look only added to the scene, along with the shocked expression on Yumi's face. If anything and everyone, this was... magical. It's kind of cliche to say this, but all signs point to a shoujo manga, though it's very typical... it's still...

"Wataru..." Yumi was practically speachless, 5 seconds ago she was accusing Wataru for dating me, and now she's being confessed that Wataru loves her. A smirk played on my lips, as I watch this play out. I guess I'll forgive her for acting like a jerk, now let's settle somethings. "Yumi," I said, catching her attention. "That rumor of Wataru and I, is complete lies, rumors. During that time Wataru was comforting me because I was going through something," That something being love. "And Wataru just happend to be there, it was nothing more than that. If anything, the texts and talks between Wataru and I, they were about you." "Me?" Yumi said, I nodded. Than I smirked. "It just so happen, those text and talks were all about you actually, Wataru was gushing out how much he likes you, and I decided to help the guy out." Yumi looked straigh at Wataru, his face was a deeper shade of red, it became like that beause of my speech, how cute. "Yu-yumi!" Wataru stuttered. "I know this is... hard for you to handle, your best freind confessing to you and all. I mean, I'm pretty average and I'm not like Kyo but... I hope you can give me a ch-" He stopped his final words from ever coming out, halted by the jult movement of Yumi's arms wrapped around Wataru, silence by none other than a lip.

Yumi was on her tip toes, reaching up to kiss Wataru, and slowly Wataru leaned in and kissed her back. I won't lie, I felt pretty embarassed watching this going down. After a few more seconds, the two slowy dispersed, and Yumi looked up at Wataru. "I wouldn't choose anyone else to love... but you."

...it's still... sweet.

Later that day...

Walking down the same old streets and passing the same red stop sign or oak tree, my shadow cascaded on the sidewalk while the sun bleached the world an unearthly glow. Skiddling up and down, I took slow but long strides back to my home, tuned in to see the same face of a certain 'dog'. I sighed to myself, walking alone back home. Yuki was at a council meeting, Tohru went straight to shopping and Kyo once again lost to Uo and is cleaning up the classroom. So, it was just me, Aki Hana. Though today wasn't a total lost, I guess I experience or saw something quite heart warming, though it wasn't my place to watch, but I deserve at least something. I mean I was not only accused, but was taughted. Now that's I'm thinking back, I'm kind of getting pissed at Yumi. Oh well, at least it ended up happy ending to them, or really, a new chapter for them. But, there will always be this taughting feeling, it laughs at me in spite of my wonderful efforts... yes, it was envy. It played my like cards, and I was just dealt, in hope in time... I wish to have wonderful days ahead with this love I hold deep.

It was so sweet, I can't help but spite in envy.

AKI, think of this chapter as a New Years gift or something. :D