Chapter 7

"Am I the only one who noticed Ethan hasn't been here all week?" Colton mumbled as the three of us ate in our schools courtyard. It was now Friday and I hadn't heard from or seen Ethan since the crazy encounter at my house on Monday.

For the most part the student population seemed to forget about Monday, but there were still a few freshman that gave me side glances whenever I'd pass them in the hallway. At this point I didn't even care that people had seen the pictures, I just cared about getting through this school year in one piece.

"I heard Grayson hasn't seen him in days," Trish responded before taking another sip out of her milk carton. "Something big happened between he and Gretchen apparently."

"Ethan's probably just blowing off some steam," I mumble and fork my food around my tray. "He used to do that a lot."

"Where the hell is he?" Gretchen slammed his hands down on our table causing me to practically jump out of my skin, "I know you know something your whore!"

An accusing finger was pointed in my direction and I was lost for words. What was I supposed to say to the hot headed ginger in front of me? "Stop throwing around slurs like that Gretchen."

"Can't help but acknowledge her for what she is," Jamie snarled and rolled her eyes at Trish, "Just tell us where Ethan is and we can pretend this encounter never happened. God knows we don't want to continue talking to you pitiful nobodies."

I shoot the two a glare, "Even if I did know where he was I wouldn't tell you. It's pretty obvious that he doesn't want either of you to know where he is, so just leave the guy be."

"He'll come back when he wants to," Colton adds.

Gretchen shoots the blue eyed boy a glare before taking a step closer to him, "You probably spread your gay disease to him so he's questioning his sexuality."

"Or you are making him question it," Trish mumbles under her breath as I hold back my snicker. Neither of the ginger girls heard my friends comment.

"It isn't contagious, but if it was you would definitely catch it before him by the way you're dressed." Colton was always the best when it came to sassing people. He could literally be considered the sass king.

"Oh yeah-"

Gretchen threw her arm in front of her sister, "Don't stoop to their level. If you know where Ethan is make sure you tell him his baby and I aren't playing his game."

"His what?" The three of us shout in unison. The ginger smirks before turning and walking away from our confused group. It all made sense now.

'I hate that I can't stay away from you..... Please just go.'

'Maybe because I don't want anything to do with you Gretchen!' 'Don't make me remind you-'

'Please let go of me...'

'I get that things are complicated right now-'

'Y/n please believe me I didn't want to hurt you.'

'Yeah and they're gonna be together a lot longer with the way things are going.'

'I'm not always going to be here to take care of you y/n.'

I glanced at Trish with wide eyes, "I have to find Ethan..."

It was only a ten minute drive to the all too familiar abandoned warehouse, and when I pushed the creaky door open a chill ran down my spine. Without hesitation, I sprinted up the all too familiar spiral staircase before reaching the makeshift fighting arena.