Chapter 8 - Great Friends and Homework

I know it's him. What is he doing near Annabelle?! I walk towards them, trying my best to keep quiet. Malfoy's leaning towards Annabelle, but she scoots back. She looks scared. Did he threaten her? He better not have.

"Oi, Malfoy!" I shout. He looks around wildly, then finds me.

"Oh, hello Potter! Would you like to join me and me girlfriend over here?" What?? Girlfriend?? Annabelle looks both shocked and disgusted.

"I. Am. Not. Your. Girlfriend." She seethes. Remind me to not get on her bad side. She stands up, but Malfoy does too and blocks her.

"Oh come on, you know you love me!" He sneers, laughing. Annabelle looks beyond furious.

"I'm warning you, Malfoy..." She says, teeth clenched. He just rolls his eyes.

She tries to walk away, but Malfoy grabs her shoulders and holds her close. Then, without hesitation, she knees him hard, right where the sun don't shine. He falls over, groaning curse words at her.

"I hope you don't kiss your mother with that mouth, Malfoy." She says airily. But she grabs my arm in a vice-like grip and pulls me back up to the castle. This girl is mad. She's adorable when she's mad. Wait, what? I didn't just think that, did I? I shake my head, it's probably just a fleeting thought. We reach the castle just as the bell rings, and make it to Transfiguration just in time.

"Miss. Dumbledore, Mr. Potter, please sit down." Chides Professor McGonagall, who looks stern as usual. At least this is normal... I think to myself.

~Annabelle's POV~

Ugh. I can't get the creepy image of Malfoy out of my mind, and its been two weeks since the incident. Neither Harry nor I told Hermione. She'd just freak out. She's been spending more time in the library than normal, which considering it's Hermione, is saying something...

...

Our exams are coming up in June, and right now, its May. Christmas came and went really smoothly. Hermione went home to her parents over the holidays. Ron stayed, as his parents went to visit one of his many brothers in Romania. And Harry said he certainly wasn't going back to his aunt and uncles. Understandable. I heard from father that Hagrid told him that they're really awful. Great big nasty Muggles who hate magic. I feel bad for Harry. I may ask father if he can stay at the castle with us over the summer.

Hermione has been badgering us about studying and getting our homework done on time. But for anyone but Hermione that practically impossible. Since Easter holidays the Professors have been giving us ungodly amounts of homework. This week I have to do 3 feet of parchment on Mammal Transfiguration for McGonagall, another 3 feet on bezoars for Snape, we have to read 2 whole books for Charms, and write an essay on 24 Ways to Spot An Evil Wizard or Witch for Defense Against the Dark Arts. (I think the essay is rubbish and you can't use a simple 24 steps to spot an evil wizard.) I know all about bezoars, but I can't write 3 feet's worth of notes on it! I've already finished the one for DADA, Transfiguration, and Charms. This bezoar one though...oof.

"Snape's essay is rubbish!" Groaned Ron. Both Harry and I nod in agreement.

"Oh, come on! I got in 5 feet!" Hermione says reprovingly. Harry looked down at his essay, then back up.

"I've only got 2 and a half feet, and I'm pretty sure I'm telling some lies..." He says. Hermione snatches his essay from him, and begins to read it. By the end, she turns and looks at Harry like he has three heads, and she seems to have no words. She just shakes her head in awe and grabs her quill to begin correcting it. For a while the only sound in the deserted common room is the sound of Hermione's quill scratching away, but she soon finishes, and gives the essay back to Harry. She then looks at me with her hand out expectingly. I tentatively hand her my essay, which she reads with a better expression than she did Harry's, which is promising.

"Pretty good." She says, nodding in approval. "But my pretty good is Snape's horrible." Hermione said wisely. I groan.

"I consider it a pass that I even finished the damn thing." I grumble. Hermione swats me on the arm while the others laugh.

"Hey Ron, could see yours?" Hermione asks. Ron starts to go red around the ears.

"Well...er- you see I'm not really done..." He splutters. Hermione rolls her eyes,

"Honestly Ron, how bad can it be?" She scoffs, and takes the essay from his hands.

Apparently, very bad. Hermione had a look of shock on her face through the whole essay.

"Ron, how-" She asks, then finds her voice. "How In Merlin's name do you expect Snape to not burn this!" Hermione exclaims, earning a reproving glare from Madam Pince, the librarian, and a small chuckle from Harry and I.

Three hours later, we all walked out of the library with completed essays.

"So, Harry...Isn't the last Quidditch game next week?" I asked Harry as we walk down the hallways towards the common room.

"Yeah. We're playing Slytherin next Saturday." He says nervously.

"You haven't lost a game yet!" Hermione consoles him. Harry nods, but still looks worried.

"Hey, remembering that invisibility cloak that I got this Christmas?" Harry asks. I fact, I remember, quite clearly. "Well, I went exploring last night 'cause I couldn't sleep. I accidentally went to the third floor corridor. The forbidden one." He adds. I groan, Harry means well, but sometimes he can be as stupid as Ron.

"Yeah well, I found this dog. It was ginormous, and it had three heads! But before I got out of there I noticed that it was standing on a trapdoor." He finished.

"Its guarding the Stone." I mutter. Both Harry and Hermione nod. Ron looks dumbstruck. "Well," I say. "who likes big, dangerous animals? Hagrid." I note. "We'll see him tomorrow." When Harry starts to protest, I add; "it's almost sunset. I don't really want to be sneaking around at night." He sighs.

"Fine..." He mutters. As we make our way down to the dining hall, nobody mentions the dog again.