Chapter 28 - Professor Lupin

(┬_┬)<--- Me at the moment

Our first Defense Against the Dark Arts class is set to begin...right now actually. No better way to make a better impression on your students than being late to class I guess. Although, I suppose nobody can be worse than Lockhart or Quirell. Lockhart was a complete and utter idiot, and Quirell...had Voldemort sticking out of the back of his head, so...yeah, that was a downer.

The door slams open so suddenly that some people fall out of their chairs (i.e Neville)

Who I'm assuming is Professor Lupin Walsh through the door, smiling lightly.

"Sorry for the shock, could you please follow me?" He says pleasantly, then walks out again. This is going to be an interesting class...

We all get up and follow him, because, well, he's our teacher and nobody fancies a visit from McGonagall.

We end up in the Staff Room, where a sour looking Snape sits there with a copy of the Daily Prophet.

"Hello Severus." Lupin smiles genuinely. I think that's the first time I've ever seen someone give Snape a smile that isn't horribly forced.

"Lupin." Snape all but growls, closing his Daily Prophet with a snap and standing up.

"Professor Dumbledore has given me permission to teach my third year class with the Bogart." He motions to a cabinet off to the right which happens to be shuddering violently.

"Right. Oh, and by the way," Snape says, "I would be careful with Longbottom. He is incapable of the easiest of magic." With that, he exits the room.

"Okay class, please line up in front of the cabinet. Neville, please step to the front." Neville, who stands beside me, immediately tenses.

"Go on." I whisper, nudging him towards Professor Lupin.

He tentatively walks forward and stands next to Lupin, facing the shaking cabinet.

"Okay Neville, I need you to think of what you're scared of the most." Lupin says.

Neville closes his eyes and tenses again. "Okay." He mutters.

"What is it?" Lupin asks.

"Professor S-Snape." Neville mumbles. Lupin nods understandingly.

"Alright - now I believe you live with your grandmother, is that correct?" Neville nods, unsure of where this is going. "Do you have a clear memory of what she wears?" Neville nods once more. "Good. Now I want you to imagine those clothes on Professor Snape." Neville cracks a small smile at the image his brain conjures.

"Right. I'm going to open the cabinet and the Bogart will step out in the form of Professor Snape. I need you to focus on your grandmothers clothes, point your wand at the Bogart, and say Riddikulus. Okay?"

"Y-yeah...I've got it." Neville says, standing straighter. Lupin points his wand at the Cabinet and the latch comes undone with a click. Out walks Snape, looking like a greasy, overgrown bat as per usual.

"Riddikulus!" Neville shouts, pointing his wand at Boggart-Snape. Suddenly, Snape is wearing Neville's grandmothers clothes, complete with a red handbag and a... stuffed vulture hat? Wonderful. Everyone claps as Neville smiles proudly. I like Professor Lupin, any teacher that's so nice to Neville.

Okay class, please reform your line on front of the cabinet. Parvati goes first, and apparently her biggest fear is snakes. Thank god she isn't a Slytherin then.

After a few more people go, its Ron's turn. I already know what his is going to be, as he admitted his great fear of spiders in first year. Indeed, it's a giant spider, but with Riddikulus, he gives it roller skates, causing it to fall flat on its face. Harry is next and I'm right behind him.

The Boggart comes out and begins to turn its shape, but Lupin swiftly steps in front of Harry, and the Boggart turns into a weird sphere...wait! It's a moon. Why is Lupins biggest fear the moon? Unless...no, that's ridiculous.

"Class is dismissed." He says, and points his wand at the Boggart-moon, which disappears.

"Aww..." Is the collective reaction from the class, which reflects my mood at the moment. I would complain that I didn't get to go, but then I'd sound like a petulant child. You know what? I dont care. I DIDN'T GET TO GO! >:(

What did I just write...? Help me.

We all collect or things and get ready to head to Transfiguration.

"That was weird, wasn't it?" Ron says as we exit the staff room.

"Yeah," I agree, "Lupin freaked out when it was Harry's turn. Hey Harry, do you happen to have a secret fear that's so scary it would scare us all if we saw it?"

Harry raises his eyebrows and shakes his head, chuckling.

"Right then. Anyways, Hermione, would you be so kind as to accompany me to the library?" I ask, turning to my bushy-haired best friend.

"Why of course, m'lady." She says, bending over in a fake bow.

"Thanks." We reach McGonagall's classroom and sit down. "Hey, you know the first Hogsmead visit is at the end of the month." I add.

"Really? Its usually in October." Hermione muses.

"Yeah, Dad told me."

"You don't see him much, do you?" Ron asks, eliciting a glare and an indiscreet kick under the table from Hermione. "What?" He mutters, "It was just a bloody question."

"Well, er, no. I don't see him much, no, but he's always super busy and...its fine, really. I don't mind, the Weasley's are like my second family."

"Me too." Harry grins from my left.

"Ron, I dont think you realize how great your parents are." Hermione says, causing Ron to redden.

"I so need to meet your parents." I say to Hermione, who nods enthusiastically.

"Definitely! I'll write them later this year and see if you can stay for a week or two this summer."

"Great!" I say just as McGonagall walks in and starts the lesson. I feel like this is going to be a good year.

If you can't tell, I'm awful at ending chapters. Also, I'm sorry that this one is about half as long as usual, I'm writing this on my tiny phone screen. (More info on that on the most recent A/N) Also we hit 4 FREAKIN THOUSAND READS SO THATS A THING. THANK YOU BEAUTIFUL PEOPLES. Woot woot!! 💝💝