Chapter 4: Asking her out

It was 8:00 pm; Otis stood by the soda fountain, waiting for his partner.

(He wore an outfit like this.)

Where could she be?

Where could she be?

"Sorry I'm late." Otis' heart starts to pound against his chest as the familar voice says.

"It's fine Ol-" Otis had his gaze on the floor, once he looked up at her he stopped mid-sentence in shock.

She looked nothing like herself.

She had her beautiful auburn hair down, parted in the middle and she wasn't wearing her glasses.

She wore a beautiful sparkly black sequin dress that reached to half her knees and wore black slippers to match her outfit.

She wore a little eyeliner, some mascara and pink lipstick.

(Her dress looked something like this.)

He kept looking at her with his mouth gaped open until Olympia broke the silence by clearing her throat

"Ummm hey.... Otis." She waves her hand in front of Otis awkwardly, somewhat uncomfortable with Otis staring at her body.

"Oh." Otis snaps out of his gaze.

"Sorry...." He felt his face get hot as he realizes.

"You just look... beauti- I mean.. nice."

Otis can feel his heart melt as she flashes one of her famous tooth grins.

"Thanks."

He was so darn cute when he got shy.

Wait, did she really just think that?!

Before she could think even more about what she just said in her brain, she heard a voice great them from behind.

"Hey guys." Oliver waves.

He wore a black jacket with light blue jeans.

He was also stunned by Olympia which angered Otis

"You look beautiful." Oliver said. Unlike Otis, he wasn't afraid to admit it.

"Aww, thank you!" She said blushing.

The three talked and had fun.

At the end when everyone except Otis and Olympia left, he decided it was time.

"Olympia..." Otis began, putting his hand on her shoulder.

Olympia turned to look at him.

"I have to tell you something..."

"What is it?" Olympia asked

"Is everything alright?" She asked concerned.

"Yeah.... it's just.... " Otis trails off.

"It's just.." He repeats.

He coud feel his body sweet as Olympia just looks at him patiently.

"I've been meaning to tell you this for a while now. But I like you." He looks down at the floor, shoving his hands on his pockets. He didn't want to look at Olympia, afraid of what kind of look she was giving him right now.

"Otis..."

Building up the courage to look up at her, he continues.

"I just wanted to ask you.. If-If you feel the same way."

There's a long moment of silence.

It was so silent the only thing he was able to hear was his own heart beating loudly.

"......No........." Olympia softly said.

"What?" Otis asked in disbelief.

"I'm dating Oliver."

"He asked me out a few days ago, and I said yes. I'm really sorry." Olympia says gently as she looks a Otis, being able to tell that her friend was crushed.

Trying to maintain his posture he just nods.

"Okay."

Saying nothing else, he rushes out of there.

"Otis? Where are you going? Otis!" Olympia shouts his name as he runs out of headquarters.