I Still Care

I sat at the table with my mouth hanging open. This couldn't be real.....

Liu looked at me and smirked. "Hey there Jeffy, long time no see huh?" Everyone turned to face me and then began whispering to each other.

"Aren't they related?"

"I heard Jeff killed his brother though."

"How is that cutie related to Jeff?"

"You think Jeff's as surprised as we are?"

I shot up and walked out of the room. "Fuck this shit..."

-YOUR POV-

Everyone was dismissed afterwards, and I went to look for Jeff. I may still be pissed, but that doesn't mean I stopped caring for that idiot.

"Jeff?" I knocked on his door repeatedly but there was no reply. "Jeff I know you're in there, please just open up."

When there was still no answer I did the only logical thing. I kicked his door open and walked in, with an airborne knife nearly hitting me.

-JEFF POV-

"Jeff what the hell?!?!"

I sat there in the middle of the floor looking at an old family photo while my left hand reached for another knife on the floor. She came over and sat next to me anyways.

"So Liu is your brother then?" I nodded my head and began laughing.

Her body backed away from mine and looked at her, the tears in my eyes now becoming visible.

"All this time.... I thought he was dead..... but here he is as alive as ever.... " the tears began to fall and she moved closer. "

"Jeff-" I held my hand up, signaling her to stop. "(Name) I'm sorry but I just really need to be alone for a while..."

She got up slowly and put her hand on my shoulder. "Just know that if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here for you Jeff..." I didn't bother looking up as the door began to close.

"Wait..." The door stopped midway and I got up. "Don't go." She walked back in with a confused expression.

I wrapped my arms around her and buried my face in her neck. "I love you, (Name)... I,m so sorry about everything, if I could've saved them I would and... I'm just so sorry (Name).." Nothing was said between us for a while, but then I felt her arms wrap around me as well. "I still love you too."

We stood there holding each other for what seemed like forever until there was a knock at the doorway.

"Am I interrupting something?" There stood my brother with a blank stare.

"(Name) we'll talk later... " she nodded and walked out the door.

Liu smirked. "So... did you miss me bro?"