My Magic Stuffed Animals - Chapter 12

Chapter Twelve

"Is she alright? Please tell me she's not dead! Oh gosh, oh gosh! This is terrible!"

"Calm down, Kit. She's not dead. Look, she's still warm."

Warmth surrounded my left cheek. I felt my muscles relax. This feeling... it felt like home. Who is this person? My mom? No. This voice is a boy's. Dad? No. I remember dad's voice being deeper. Then, who is he?

The warmth on my cheek subsided. Strangely, I felt sad that it did. I almost wanted to say what I couldn't do to my parents.

After the footsteps disappeared, I slowly opened my eyes, staring at a pure white ceiling.

"Am I in heaven?" I asked.

"Trinie!"

White fur rubbed against my face, blocking my whole view. I tore off Kit's death grip on my face.

"I'm so glad you're alive! Do you know how long you've been unconscious? Half an hour!" Kit rattled on about how worried she was so I toned her out, sitting up while looking around the unfamiliar room. White walls on all four sides, paintings of birds, a computer desk with a laptop, a book shelf, and a closet.

"Where are we?" I asked Kit after she finished.

Kit quickly jumped off the bed and heads out the door. "You must be hungry. Come eat! I'm starving!"

I blinked and removed the covers, doing another 360 on the room. It's plain but calming. Clean, too. I started to stand up until I realized something.

My clothes were different from earlier.

"Uh, Kit?"

Kit popped her head from the side of the door. Her cat ears twitched. "Yes?"

"H-How did I change clothes?" I asked, looking at my reflection with a Pikachu crop top with my white undershirt and jeans capris from a mirror across the room. I do not remember changing.

"Well, of course I changed you! I just had help from... someone. Since you're too heavy for me." She avoided eye contact and disappeared down the hall.

I felt uncomfortable about that "someone" helping me get changed while I was unconscious. But I'll find out later since my stomach has been growling ever since I woke up from this foreign place. Standing up, I also realized that I'm wearing fuzzy white socks.

I followed Kit through the hallway and down the stairs. Straight ahead was the dining room connected with the kitchen and a flat screen TV with black sofas. I didn't know what I expected to see, but I was still surprised. The place kind of looked futuristic. Black and silver covered almost everything.

Kit didn't seem amused by it at all. In fact, it looked like she knew the place like it was her own house.

"Hey, Kit, have you been here before?" I asked, taking a seat.

"Yeah! Many times." She suddenly stopped, bit her lip, and jumped on the counter.

"Whose house are we in?"

"Uhhh.. Hey! There's a letter on the fridge!" She jumped off the counter and bit on the letter. Using her weight, the letter slid down with the magnet. She lay the letter on the floor in front of her and read to herself.

I walked over to her. "What's it say?"

She smiled up at me, placing a paw on the letter. "Owner of the house says he's off with a friend. Dinner is in the fridge. Um, mind opening it?"

I bit the insides of my cheek at her response. She still didn't tell me who the owner is. Then it hit me. Was he the one that was talking to Kit earlier? Though I'm pretty sure it wasn't my dad.