My Magic Stuffed Animals - Chapter 11

Chapter Eleven

"Does everyone know that I have the necklace and the weakness? What happens if it turns fully black?" I asked, shaken up. This necklace is important. And if it were to lose its color, it's one less thing that connects me from....

"Trinie. We're here for you. Kevin and me. We'll protect you no matter what happens." She smiled sincerely and I did too. "And look! The necklace regained its original color!" 

I looked at the necklace and sure enough, it was shinier than earlier. "What-?"

"When you're happy again, it regains it's color. Though the car accident made quite of an impact to you," Kit says. 

"So, what about my questions?"

Kit jumped off my bed and stood in front of my walk-in closet. "Yes, everyone knows now. You were under the protection of one of the Guardians, Biz, which your parents trusted, in the Land of Talia. Something must've happened recently, since I feel 'they' noticed our presence. That's what Kevin and I are trying to figure out. But you see..."  Kit drifted off. 

"See? See what?" 

"We don't know how to get back to the Land of Talia, so we're trying different... experiments on how to contact them." Kit started pacing.

"So you're saying you don't know what happened to my Guardian?" I raised an eyebrow. 

"Trinie, we're trying the tactics that always usually works, but someone is cutting us off." She raised her paws to her temples and sat on my bean bag.  

I frowned. They've been trying to hide this from me to protect me, figuring out ways to get back my protective barrier. And here I am, only desperate for answers, not realizing how much trouble I'm causing them. My friends. Kevin and Kit.

"I'm sorry," I said, not knowing what else to say at a time like this.

Kit blinked and landed on my lap. "No, no. Trinie. Listen. We chose to do this. The nine years with you were my greatest moments. Your parents trusted me to protect you, and you give me love and trust in return. I couldn't ask for more."

Tears rolled down my face as I hugged Kit like I was holding onto dear life. I released her and cupped her head. "Me neither."

Kit purred and wiggled her tail enthusiastically. "So, how did the date go?" 

I blushed. "How about we talk about where Kevin is?" 

She pouted. "He-"

Suddenly the my bedroom door burst open and between the doorknob and the floor was a panting brown teddy bear.

"Kevi-" I barely finished his name when he cut me off with a loud voice I have never, ever heard before.

"WE NEED TO GET OUTSIDE! NOW!" 

Kit and I followed him down the stairs without hesitation. I didn't understand what was going on until I get pushed by a big gust of wind with flames. The world went black as my back burned with pain. Kit started yelling something that I couldn't make out. 

I don't remember anything else but careful warm hands carrying me somewhere safe.

__________________________________________________________

What happened? Why would a silent, shy, and fluffy Kevin suddenly be yelling to get out of the house? 

Comment and Vote~! ^-^