Distraction

Chapter 5.

        Distraction; noun. that which distracts, divides attention, or prevents concentration.

        "Only if you here with me." Emani said, hating that her best friend was missing out on Chicago and Emani's life in here. "Only if I was, all the trouble we will get into and having blasts at the clubs in Chicago." The voice exclaimed on the other line, getting exhilarated by her own comment. "Come vist me, Zoya!" Emani desperately said, missing her best friend that is in Philly currently. "I will try to come, but college..." Zoya trailed off. "Shit I forget about college andI totally forget to tell you about this boy!" "A boy? Tell me everything!!" Zoya demanded. "Well, his name is Tupac, he is super cute and we just started talking. AndIthinkIlikehimtoomuch." Emani said, rushing the last part out. "Ooooooh, Emani slow down there." Zoya laughed. "Sorry, but I don't wanna like him. Relationships are complicated, specially if I'm in one." Emani sadly whispered, thoughts flying back to her and Chris' relationship. "One bad relationship, doesn't mean relationships are always horrible for you." Zoya assured her. After their phone call had ended, Emani put Zoya's words into consideration. 

        1 hour later

        Emani had thought long on the words of wisdom by Zoya, she could not just sit around and think all day if she wanted too. She needed a job to survive in Chicago. Emani stood up on her feet, walking to the kitchen counter and grabbed her laptop. Her fingers danced across the keyboard, hopelessly trying to find a job that was near her apartment or in the downtown area, preferably by the Nordstorm Mall. "Ah hah!" Emani whisper-yelled to her laptop, clicking on the application of Forever 21. After the endless pages of many applications, Emani had sent at least 5 applications to 5 different places near downtown.

        Emani strolled down streets, going to the park to smoke a cigarette. As she sat on the park bench, lighting up the cigarette, a voice interrupted her thoughts. "I guess I should come here daily, knowing you will be here." Emani looked up, seeing it was Tupac and gave a shy smile at him. "If you're going to come here, I might as well stay home." Emani joked lightly, shaking her head. Tupac was slightly hurt from that comment of hers, but he tried hard not letting it get to him knowing that she was joking."Aha, you're real funny." Tupac remarked back at her, sitting beside her on the bench. "I know, I get that a lot." Emani laughed, scooting more to her left making sure Tupac had space. Tupac was taken aback from her action, clearly not knowing that Emani was only moving to her left to make room for him since the bench wasn't exactly that long in width or height in that matter. 

        So much for not trying to see her, Tupac thought to himself. But he was lying to himself, not knowing that Emani would be at this park because somehow that's where they always meet. "A penny for your thoughts?" Emani curiously said. "Huh?" Tupac asked, totally forgetting Emani was there. "I said, a penny for your thought." Emani chuckled at him. "Sorry, was thinking about work." Tupac smoothly lied, playing it off. "Oh, speaking about work, where do you work?" Emani asked, interested in the topic of where Tupac works. "Uh, I work at a factory..." Tupac lied. "Oh, that sounds tiring." Emani commented, suspicious about the way Tupac had responded with his answer. "Did you find a job?" Tupac asked, switching the topic of about jobs to Emani. "I sent my applications in, just need a call back." Emani sighed, taking out her phone to see the time. Tupac looked over at Emani's lap, to see that she had her phone out and quickly had an idea. "Can I see your phone?" Tupac smirked. "Uh, here." Emani handed him her phone. 

         Swiftly, Tupac went to her contacts list and clicked on the "+" sign and added his number and texted himself on her phone. "You can have it back, now." Tupac said, handing it back to her. "What did you do?" Emani asked, looking at him for an explanation. "Oh, nothing bad. Just put my number in your contact's list." Tupac winked at her, showing Emani the text he had sent off Emani's phone. Hey sexy. ;) "Really, Tupac, really?" Emani laughed, shocked at "her" text. "Oh, really." Tupac flirtatiously said. Emani blew the smoke out of her mouth, letting it evaporate into thin air. 

ANOTHER UPDATE, YAY! IT'S KIND OF SHORT, BUT I HAD TO UPDATE BECAUSE I HAVE REACHED 500+ READS AND 20+ VOTES! Thank you all so much. ilysfm. 

vote/comment/share