six

"Wait!" Yanyu stopped in her tracks. "You're saying you had a double date with Ruibin, Yanchen and Lifen?!"

I slowly nodded, "Now, continue walking."

"I'm not hearing things, right?" She turned towards Bangbang. "Pinch me."

He followed her order and quickly pinched her arm, "You're not deaf."

"Thank you, Bang," She comments and faced me again. "Are you for real?"

"Well, it's actually -"

My sentence was cut off when we saw Zhangjing running towards us, "Yanyu! We need you!"

Yanyu groaned, "Ugh! What now? Can't you see I'm busy?"

"You're needed in the council. There were some complications for the talent show."

"Can't you do that yourself?" Yanyu asked. "I'm so tired, seriously. I've been cutting the designs and I feel like my arm is gonna fall off."

Zhangjing shook his head, "Stop complaining. You're such a kid."

Yanyu hit his back which made him wince in pain, "Who you calling kid, kid?!"

"You!" Zhangjing touched his back. "I'm older than you and yet here you are breaking my spinal cord."

"Okay, we'll finish this later." Yanyu says, saying goodbye to us before heading off to their council room.

"I thought you said Yanyu has a crush on Zhangjing-ge?" Bangbang asked beside me.

I nod, "She does but she's in denial."

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

"How did you get your teeth to be so white?" Zimo, who was one of my brother's friends, asked Yanchen. He suddenly decided to sit with us at lunch.

"Don't you have somewhere to be?" I asked, getting annoyed.

Zimo shooked his head, "No can do, baby girl. Your brother's going out of the country tomorrow and he left us in charge."

"His flight leaves today,"

I saw Zimo pursed his lips and stood up, "Well, this is awkward. I should probably go and wake Mubo-ge up,"

"Wait. Isn't he supposed to be driving my brother to the airport?"

"Yeah, but at this rate, I think your brother's going to pick up Mubo-ge so he could drive him." Zimo bid his goodbye as he walked out of the room.

"Your brother has weird friends," Yanchen muttered, drinking his juice.

"And you think you're so normal?" I teased.

"Mingzhu!" I heard my name being called out by none other than Yanyu. Someone was following behind her.

"Oh, dimple guy," Bangbang said, nudging my elbow.

"Who's dimple guy?" Yanchen asked.

I threatened Bangbang with a fork, "Don't you dare, Hu Zhibang -"

But it was too late, "Lin Yanjun. Mingzhu had a crush on him once before she moved on to Ruibin."

I heard Yanchen chuckle and before I could speak, Yanyu arrived at our table, "I need your help."

"If its about me getting away from Zhou Yanchen, I'm your girl."

"Close," Yanyu said as she and Yanjun both sat down. "I need you to join the talent show."

"What?!" I exclaimed and I think all of the people here in the canteen heard it because I saw the lunch lady peeking at me.

"You can just sing or dance or do a magic trick or do whatever you want," Yanjun suggests.

"Why me?" I whined. "I don't have any talent plus when I sing birds fall down from the sky,"

"Maybe they fall because they want to listen to you closely?" Bangbang tried to make me feel better.

"Stop lying, Mingzhu. I heard you sing once," Yanyu interrupts. "We need another contestant since the last candidate backed out."

"Why'd he backed out?" Yanchen asked.

"He found out that Zhang Yixing is one of the judges," Yanjun whispered.

I saw the ice Bangbang was eating fell from his mouth and back into the cup. "Z-Zhang Yixing is coming here?"

"Ssh," Yanyu hushed him. "It's supposed to be a secret,"

"Then why did you tell me?" I whisper-yelled at my bestfriend. "Nope, I'm not going to do it."

"Aww, come on. I know how much you love Zhang Yixing. You even have a huge poster of him on your wall plus you always danced to Sheep."

"Yeah, but I am not going to humiliate myself in front of my idol!"

I thought she would stop bugging me but Yanchen decided to say the most idiotic thing he ever said in his entire life, "How about we sing a duet?"

"Perfect!" Yanjun said, as he clapped his hands. "That way you're not the only one who's going to be humiliated."

I swear, as I was about to pull all my hair out, "How is that helping?!"

"You have me as your companion when you make a mistake?" Yanchen says, grinning in front of me.

"I swear Zhou Yanchen, I'm going to kill you one day," I muttered, gritting my teeth.

"Then it's settled," Yanyu stood up. "How do you write your name again, Yanchen?"

Yanchen explained the characters he uses to write his name as I sat still, thinking of what just had happened. Yanyu and Yanjun already left and Bangbang tried waking me up from my daze.

"You're going to get drool all over your uniform if you don't stop looking up like that," Bangbang said.

I blinked and saw Yanchen who was quietly finishing his meal, "You know sometimes I ask myself why did I even grab you to join that couples event thing?"

Yanchen shrugs, "Fate led us together and now fate is leading you to your idol. Isn't it nice?"