25. Jersey Number 4.

Start from the beginning

"I'm glad I could be of some help." I smiled.

"One more!" I grinned.

"Why is Valentine's Day celebrated in February when Janu is in January?" I asked. This time the guys facepalmed themselves.

"Baith jaa." Shub told me.

"Acha tu mujhe ek baat bata, why do chicken parathas respect shawarmas so much?" I asked him.

"I don't know." He shrugged his shoulders.

The boys were eyeing me intently.

"Because they consider them as their ROLL models." I said, while showing them the action of rolling.

"Mujhe tu maar de." Shub said, laughing.

"Okay Shub, if you answer this, I won't ask you anything again." I smirked.

"Okay, shoot." He said.

"Woh toh main tujhe karna chahti hu, but nevermind." I chuckled. He gave me a poker face while the others laughed looking at us.

"Okay, so Tan never goes to a girl's washroom. Wonder why?" I asked him. He started thinking but couldn't come up with an answer.

"Arre because tanGENT hai!" I pointed out.

Shubman literally begged me to sit after I said that.

"How do you come up with these?" Abhay asked as soon as I sat.

"Because I have something which you guys lack." I told him.

"And what is it?" He asked.

I went closer to him and whispered in his ear, "An amazing sense of humour and dimaag."

So saying, I pulled back and smiled at him. He gave me a fake smile before rolling his eyes.

I got one more notification on my phone. I was tagged in another story by Abhay.

Oh god, what was it this time?

It was a picture of me and Abhay.

"Team's Stress Reliever 💪" was the text.

I smiled at it and kept my phone aside.

Abhay and I spoke about random things until we reached the stadium.

----

We reached the stadium on time and there was a lot of crowd. Paparazzies here and there, throwing questions.

One reporter even asked me whether I was dating someone from the team.

"Kar bhi rahi hu toh aapko kyu bolu?" I glared at him.

I heard the boys laughing. A few people around that reporter shared a laugh as well.

We quickly made our way to the dressing room.

The boys went down to the ground to warm up whereas Ravi sir and I were up in the dressing room, having a chat.

"So, are you liking it?" He asked me.

"It's my dream job sir. I'm totally loving it." I smiled.

"That's nice. The boys like you too, very much. I'm glad." He said. I grinned at him in return.

"So, you and Abhishek?" He enquired.

"No sir, we're just good friends. I mean, we know each other since years, so." I shrugged.

"That's good. But if anything, you can tell me." He smiled.

I smiled back at him and a nodded my head.

The boys were back in the dressing room. I stepped out of the room so they could change.

As Virat bhai made his way down for the toss, I wished him luck. He patted my head and said thanks. I really like my relation with Virat bhai. I wouldn't want to trade that with anything in the world.

India won the toss and elected to field first.

I went inside the dressing room and wished everyone luck.

As they were making their way out, I hugged each one of them.

"All the best." I whispered to Abhay. He smiled at me and walked past.

"All the best Bhai." I told Hardik bhai. He thanked me, pulled my hair and literally ran away.

I laughed at him and made my way to the gallery, sitting beside Ajinkya bhai. He was given rest for today's match.

----

The first inning was done. The boys played really well. Sri Lanka were 256 all out. Bhuvi bhai took 3 wickets. Jasprith bhai took 1, Hardik bhai took 2 and the other 4 wickets were taken by Abhay.

I was so proud of him.

Each and everytime he took a wicket, he'd look at me. At some point Ajinkya bhai even nudged me, sending me a teasing smile.

The second innings had started.

Rohit bhai got out on duck, that too on the first ball of the inning. He looked quite disappointed walking back.

Virat bhai made his way to the pitch. The crowd going mad at his sight.

Due to some confusion while running between the wickets, KL Rahul got out.

Suresh bhai entered next.

We were 67-2.

Virat bhai and Suresh bhai were playing really well. Unfortunately, Virat bhai got out. He played really well though, 42(18).

Hardik bhai was next.

The duo was amazing. They were literally unstopable.

This time Suresh bhai got out by stumping.

It was Abhay who went in next.

I didn't even realise my hands were in a praying position until Ajinkya bhai nudged me again.

I lightly slapped him on the arm as he chuckled.

The first ball and Abhay hit a 6.

---

India won the match!

Abhay played an amazing knock of 86(45). He also recieved the 'Man Of The Match' award.

As soon as he came to the dressing room, I attacked him with a hug.

"You were so good." I smiled.

"Told you. Today's match was for you." He winked.

We pulled back and the others attacked him in a hug. That was when I noticed his jersey number.

Now, I know, why my jersey number is 4.

****

Helloooooooooo.

Next update in 3 hours. :*

Voooote. ❤