Chappie 15: Guilt and Confrontations

Start from the beginning

"Can I ask you something? "

"Hmm.. Okay." he replies and I break free from his hold to look at his face. Yes, he was a handsome lad who got girls in the blink of an eye. I could never understand why girls flocked around him in school. But now I get it, he was a good catch afterall.

"What went wrong between us years ago?" I ask and his face fell.

"El, please.." he says softly and I urged him to go on.

"Well, you were my best friend,  my companian, confidant,  my partner in crime..." he says looking down.

"And ?" I ask him.

"And then you got John. I was left alone" he admits and I'm stunned. no it couldn't be that I abandoned my brother. Dammit!!

"What can I say. John is..." I srart but he cuts me off.

"I had one friend,  Ash, and what you did with him made me detest you"  he pauses and looks at me. I'm shocked beyond belief.

"He didn't deserve it, you know?" he breathes and breaks the eye contact.

I gulp at the realisation of my past mistakes. The impact one stupid mistaje I did years ago had on my current life situation.

"What can I say?" I trailed off thinking of how to put my feelings in a single sentence..

"Screwed up royally?" I question him and he gives me a nod and then hugs me once again.

"But that's in the past now. I'm happy you got Edward. Just don't break his heart, okay?"  he says and I sniff.

Thats it. my waterworks will start any moment.

I started crying. Did I push Eddy away somehow?

"Hey hey hey.. the crying is not until we're watching crappy chick-flicks in my room. You're breaking the trend here, El" Olivia comes out in the driveway and hugs me from behind.

I smile involuntarily and can't think of any better person to be with and discuss my situation.

" I am paralysed. Let me go both of you"  I joke and immediately they leave me and I am a little disorientated.

"Thanx for taking her today Olivia" Nathan smiles.

"She's my best friend,  even though her best friend is John" Olivia gives me a dirty look and I laugh.

"With John getting married,  its only you and me babes" I smirk and sling my arm around her shoulder.

"I'll let you guys do your thing. Whatever."Nathan sits back in the car.

I wave at him when suddenly a thought invades my brain.

"Wait, Nate!! Can you please get hold of Edward and tell him to call me once? "  my voice was pleading.

"I'll see what I can do about it" Nate's face is all serious as he starts driving.

"um-" Olivia clears her throat when I am lost in my thoughts.

"I,..." I begin and she cuts me off.

"Let the chick flick and ice cream make you speak your heart more clearly"  Olivia  says dragging me.

I hault just before we enter and smirk at her.

"Uh oh!" She mutters.

"Lets watch something with blood bath and replace the ice cream with these" I say and hand her over the packet.

She peeps inside and then gives me an evil smirk.

○○○●●●●●○○○●●●●●○○○●●●●●○○○●●●●●○○○●●●●●