yellow

his hands pressed against her hips, the duo kissed until their lips felt numb.
"dallon..." she moaned out lowly, her voice taking on a whole new octave compared to its normal, bubbly tone.
he grabbed the back of her thighs, lifting her up onto the kitchen counter as he peppered kisses along her neck.

based off of their current scene, most would imagine that the couple were perfect, the kind that you see all over instagram. but that couldn't be further from the truth.
sammi was overly clingy, needing dallon's attention at all times. dallon was a bit too shy, and wasn't much for pda. he was ten years older than her, which angered her parents. and it upset his that sammi wasn't wanting to bear children.
still, the couple made it work. they, like most, had small arguments and acted petty. but who didn't?
regardless, here they were, forgetting about the world, sitting on the countertop.

he grabbed onto her hips once again, pulling her even closer, as if it were possible. her hands found their way to the back of his neck, tugging at the short hair he had grown.
"ooh, babe, that hurts..." sammi groaned lowly, causing dallon to pull away.
"i'm sorry, love, did i bite too hard?" he asked softly, inspecting her neck.
"i liked it..." she grinned evilly, causing him to grin in return. he returned to his spot in the crook of her neck, placing soft kisses along her jawline.
the pair stayed like this for another few minutes before dallon started to get more handsy. his hands slid their way around to her stomach, starting to unbutton her pants. sammi let out another moan, snaking her hands up his shirt.

the way she spoke was like yellow. soft and energetic, though able to become loud and highlighted. he, on the other hand, spoke in blue. often quiet and sad, but could make the most beautiful rainstorms for her to watch. they mixed into a green, a safe and emotional space. when they were green, they were truly themselves; sacrificing a bit of each other to make a harmonious love.
they may have loved being green, but that did not mean that they revolved around being green. they each had their own lives while still being infatuated with the other. he was a bassist in a small band, while she owned a small corner store that sold goodies. she lived the simple and cozy life, while he worked to make it big as a rock star.  

with both of their shirts now on the floor and hickeys trailing down sammi's stomach, they smelt something burning beside them. the chicken parm that sammi had made was begining to burn, a sizzle coming off of the meat. she quickly hopped off of the counter to turn down the heat as dallon stepped back in shock. 

"oops..." he mumbled, a shy smile spreading across his lips. 

"you always distract me," she giggled through clenched teeth, "why do i let you do this to me?" 

"because you love me, amour."