Act 1: Scene 1

A knock rang through the office where Nisha sat, feet on the desk reading the paper.

“Tim! Can you get the door? I'm busy!”

The man peaked into her cubby.

“Busy with What?”

“Busy. Now stop makin? the customer wait” she flicked a cigarette at him to get him moving, and he quickly did. The door opened with a loud commotion. A shriek from Tim and a shattering crash. Nisha grunted annoyed and stepped out to see what happened.

Standing over Tim was a man everyone in town knew, Handsome Jack. Standing this close she could see how similar the twins really looked, similar angular Features and heterochromatic eyes.

“Whatever it is you want Jack you need to calm down and not break anything else”

The agitated twin shot around and went over to her, desperation, fear, in his eyes.

“Nish you gotta help me! Please!”

“You know we’ll help, just calm down so you can talk. Take a seat.”

“Now, what happened? Why’d you attack Tim?”

“Angel. He took Angel. I know it!” His voice was still shaky and panicked. His thoughts couldn't be clear, especially if he was saying what she thought.

“I told you. I haven't seen Angel since last week” The ginger stood and rubbed his neck, voice hoarse from the shriek.

Jack gave a harsh glare to his twin, his hands clenching again.

“Bullshit! She went to your house last night to bring you an invite to her birthday!”

“Tim?”

“I didn't see her Jack”

“She must have been grabbed somewhere between your places. We’ll go get searching. Tim get ready to go out"

Tim nodded and grabbed his Jacket, heading out to the blocks between his house and Jacks as Nisha stayed to keep a watch over him.
“You want a drink or anythin’?”
“Huh? Uh yeah. Whiskey would be fine.” Even though he was still antsy Tim leaving seemed to help him start to clear his thoughts.

“So, start from the beginning. What happened?” Nisha walked over and sat by him, setting down the platter with drinks and ice. One of the drinks Jack quickly took and downed as he began recalling the events of the day.
“I had come home from the theater, the final showing. I spent the evening with Angel helping her with homework and planning her birthday.
Once we finished making the cards she convinced me to let her go out on her own to deliver them. While waiting for her to return I fell asleep. When I woke up it was morning and I couldn’t find her anywhere. I went to every house that an invitation was to be delivered to and she hadn’t been to any of them. Tim would have been the first she’d have gone to cause his house is so close. How could she get snagged up so quickly? God, I’m an idiot. Why did I let her go out on her own!?” He was crying.
“My little angel…”
Nisha sighed. If Jack wasn’t so needlessly angry at Tim, right now he’d have been the one here instead of her. This was nowhere in any way her field of expertise and it was draining to see the grown man crying.
“Jack look, everything will be fine. Tim is out there looking for Angel right now, or at least some lead that could get us going in the right direction. You’re not a bad Father.”
She would do anything to get out of this, or at least get the man to stop crying. Which slowly, and after a refill of whiskey, he did.
“Is there anything I can do to help at all?”
“Yeah. You can go back home and stay calm. This panicking thing does not help you, her, or us. You can also prepare a list of people for us to visit and look for her. Also, crying ruins your looks and there’s very few in town that enjoy that.” the last line she added with a laugh, trying to clear the air of the lingering dread.
“What would staying home help? I should be out looking for her.”
“No, if she got lost somewhere last night the first thing she’s gonna do now is try to find her way home. Or worst case scenario if she was captured by some east city creep she’s tough, and if she escapes the first place she’s gonna try and run is again home. So you have to stay there. Now get going.” She practically booted him out the door, and as she closed it she could hear his mutterings of what he’d do to the dickbag that stole his little girl… and quietly agreed in her mind that she’d bring him there to do it.