Kindred Spirits | Sirius Black

Hey lovelies! I'm going to be totally honest and say that this was not meant to be posted right now; I had originally intended on posting a Lupin one-shot before posting this, but the inspiration strikes as it will! 

The request for this one, who would like to remain anonymous, called for a girl like Sirius who had to break away from a troubled situation and be with Sirius. Not too much to go on, but that's what made it interesting!

Warning! This one flirts with an M rating because it has mentions of abuse, past and present, as well as some snogging. 

Also! Please let me know how you like this one; I tried something different, putting some of Sirius' POV in as well. Let me know if y'all like it in this writing style! <3

Kindred Spirits | Sirius Black

~*~

There were very few things that were as bloody annoying as these parties.

To say that I hated my family, my upbringing, that would be a gross understatement. I was born the first daughter to one of the oldest, darkest families in Britain, exceeded only by the Black family themselves, and from the moment I first drew breath, I was a disappointment to my obsessive parents.

They'd wanted a son – a boy to continue the family legacy, to be raised the perfect pureblood heir – and they'd gotten me instead. I was headstrong and stubborn, even as a little girl, questioning their ideals since the moment I was told that we were superior to everyone else.

I didn't understand the attitude when I was five, and I still don't understand now, ten years later.

My parents employed a variety of methods trying to get me to conform to their beliefs, not above drawing the line at physical abuse, and when even that hadn't worked, they'd shipped me off to Beauxbatons. Thankfully, I was safe from them for the majority of the year, and free to build my own beliefs, to draw my own conclusions as I wanted to. I had a wonderful set of friends back at school, and the fact that I loved them so much was the reason I was being forcefully paraded around this stuffy excuse for a party.

Vincent, my best friend since our first year, and his dorm mates had concocted the most delusional of delusional schemes, and to shorten a long story, were facing expulsion before I stepped in and claimed full responsibility. Given my surname, I was graciously pardoned for the prank, on the condition that I transfer schools for my sixth year.

Which brought me back home, under my parents' wrathful roof, awaiting my next year at Hogwarts with the firm knowledge that a toe out of line would bring punishment raining on my head.

Quite literally. Mother was rather partial to yanking at my hair.

I sighed to myself, fighting against the urge to squirm in the ridiculous dress robes my mother had stuffed me in before this parade. The corset was cutting my air supply and the delicate skirt had so many overlapping layers that I truly feared losing my balance and getting lost in them as I fell. Granted, the colour was quite pretty – a deep blue that served to make my eyes seem intense – but I would have much rather been in my usual attire. Hopefully, if all went according to plan, I would be, soon.

Before I could begin to fret over the sheer audacity of the plan I'd set into motion the moment I was informed of the party, I heard a syrupy sweet voice trilling my name.

Oh Merlin, what does it say about me that I cringe at the sound of my own mother's insufferable voice?

Pasting a smile on to my face, I turned around, making my way to the she-devil with a demure expression befitting of my Pureblood upbringing. "Mother," I greeted quietly, forcing myself not to react as I took the hand she held out for me. I could complain all I wanted about the Pureblood training, but I had gotten a wicked blank mask out of the exercise in torture.