Since the Moon had left the sky, those chosen by the Goddess ceased to exist - also known as Krieger Luna. And with the Sun dying, Krieger Solis were no longer being picked. Their society was about to end, and when that happened, there would be no one left to protect the world against the growing darkness.

Everyone had woken up, and by that time Emyr had already trained his combat skills and was headed towards the spiritual center. The old ones said that the Krieger Luna was supposed to deal with the spirits, they were a lot more connected with the energy of the world than the Solis, but since there weren't any of them left, the job was now theirs. Really unfair, but there was nothing else they could do.

"Did you complete your assignment?" Bernard asked. Emyr almost chocked but laughed in the end.

"There's no way I could do that.", He said. The coach wanted them to meditate and try to connect with the other realm. It came easily to some people, but not to him. His spiritual side was almost inexistent. Emyr was too emotional, fiery, detached and anxious for that kind of thing. Yet, they expected him to be able to do it anyway. If they pushed him too hard, he would explode someday. He just wanted to burn some things.

"I hate to agree," Bern said.

"Emyr, the Algeman requested your presence in his office," They heard. Both of them turned around and saw one of the academy's Serzhant glancing at them. Those were the ones who had completed their training. People like Emyr, that were just starting were called Kabel.

"Saved by the bell, Algeman's puppy," Bern laughed. The boy rolled his eyes but ignored his friend. He could stay there and argue that it was not like that, but Emyr knew what people said about him, how he was the Algeman's favorite student. There was no point in fighting when it was true. It just made his ego inflate even more.

He knew the way to the office by heart, as he had been there many times over the years he spent in that facility. Emyr knocked at the door and it opened by itself, allowing him to enter the room.

The Algeman was sitting behind his desk, staring at some papers. Emyr felt a shiver down his spine. That was the most powerful Krieger ever, and also the one who ran the academy. He could be the most powerful man in the world, for all he knew. Emyr was right to fear him, although that man wouldn't harm him. He was The favorite after all.

"Did you wish to see me, Algeman?" he said. "Sir," added right after a slight cough.

"It has come to my knowledge that you're about to choose a path to follow inside our academy," he said, raising his head and staring at Emyr. The lad nodded and approached the old man's table.

"Yes, sir, the time has finally come for me to get into action," Emyr said, with a childish smile. Well, he was really excited about that.

"I wanted to make sure you are on the right path," the Algeman got up from his char and walked around the table until he stood in front of his student. "You know not everyone here is fit to be a Glavny, a protector of the city," he stretched his arms and grabbed Emyr's shoulders. The boy shivered a little. What...? That was just everything he ever wanted to be. "But I know you were born to do this, son."

Emyr gulped, forcing his body to stay still. The urge to back off almost took control of his body, together with relieve. An odd pair of feelings. "Yes, sir, that's what I intend to do," he said. He always felt that way when around the Algeman. A man so powerful that could leave anyone breathless.

"You'll begin training with me," he moved away. Emyr wondered if he noticed his uneasiness. "Instead of your usual program, you'll meet me every morning in the training room on the west wing. I should warn you now it won't be easy, but you will be the most powerful Krieger you can be, just like your parents were."

He sat on his chair and went back to his documents, not looking in Emyr's direction again. That was it? I guess the talk is done. The boy turned around and left, that tingling sensation that there was something unsaid in the air.

"So, now you'll be training with him personally?" Bern asked, that same night. Both of them were already getting ready to go to bed. Emyr nodded. "I've never heard of him training anyone like that."

"Me neither," Emyr gulped again. Well, the hardly ever heard anything at all about the Algeman. His whole life was but a mystery.

"I don't know if I feel envious or sorry for you, buddy," Bernard grinned at Emyr, who laughed. There was nothing he could say. The boy didn't know how to feel either. He did feel excited to be trained by the Algeman himself, but afraid of what was going to happen to him after that program started.

The man shook his head. He couldn't think like that, it was a lifetime opportunity. "I should be thankful," he said, with a large smile this time. "I want to see they look at me like I'm inferior now," he got up and raised his hand in victory, despite his laughter.

But then he felt it. A deep pain in his chest. His body bent unnaturally, he leaned on his hands, breathing uncontrollably. His hands grabbed his chest between his fingers, it hurt so much. But it was not him that was hurting.

"They were after you," Emyr heard. But there was no one else in the room bur Bernard, and he was sure his friend did not say that.

Bernard got up quickly and tried to get him to his feet. "Emyr, what is it? Are you alright?" His voice was distant. The room grew darker as his eyelids weighted down. "I'm gonna look for help!" Emyr was too far away now. He knew only one thing, she was in danger.

______________________

I feel so happy that Emyr was finally introduced! Not that there's a lot of the book to read yet, but this is the first time I write about him directly and it felt good.

What did you think of it? Did you like him? Who do you think is the girl he sees in his dreams?

Somethings will be answered in the next chapter, so keep posted.

If you liked this, please vote and leave your comment, I'd love to read it!