A Normal Morning

Cameron's P.O.V

The alarm clock beeped with a piercing screech. Cameron jumped and hit his head on the top bunk with a loud thud.
"Agh!"
Cameron slouched as he rubbed his head from the sudden pain.
He looked around his room frantically.

His room was a fairly big room. A large window on the opposite side of the door where rays of sunlight shone off of his television, causing a lit up spot on the wall. The dark wooden desk that the T.V. was on had a game console with 9 games on one of it's shelves. His dresser had some homework he hadn't finished the night before piled on it with a few books and his alarm clock blinking its red, digital numbers. His ceiling was light grey with white walls that had a few gaming posters pinned on the opposite side of the bunk bed, which was in the farthest corner. The floor was grey carpet with some clothes piled here and there.

Cameron sighed with relief.

"It was just a bad dream" Cameron assured himself, as he got up to get ready for school.

Cameron got dressed and zipped up his dark grey sweater. Then he looked at the top bunk.

He sadly sighed.

It was only a month and a half ago when his little brother had died of cancer, which he had been battling for 3 years.

Cameron clenched his fist and took a deep breath. He then gathered up his homework, stuffed it in his backpack, then headed downstairs with it.

"Morning mom"
"Morning hun" his mom said as she made breakfast. "How did you sleep?"

"Had another nightmare" Cameron admitted.
His mother sighed.
"They're bound to stop occurring someday"
"Yeah, sure" Cameron said with a quiet sigh, not believing that the nightmares will ever stop.