Chapter 18 - Of Course

Dylan Lemiere

We have a big meeting after this and everyone will be in the meeting. I looked at myself on the mirror and it's been 2 months since I've seen Lauren. She's damn good in disappearing. I can't see her everywhere and she's good at making excuses so everytime there's a meeting for us Gold Lifes, she won't come.

Today, she won't come anyway.

I walked out from the toilet and walked towards the meeting room. I got in and my eyes landed on the red head right away. She's currently talking to Cailey.

I mean.. I've been living my life as usual but with her avoiding me.. it bothers me a little bit. It's like something is missing but not in an obvious way.

I sat at the back of the room, let's just be invisible. My eyes kept looking at her. God, 2 months. I sighed and I took out my phone to distract myself.

"Let's start the meeting." My dad said and suddenly Brandon sat beside me.

"Why are you sitting at the back?"

"I'm bored and tired." I said. My dad started the meeting about the trade that we're going to do. We have to go to China and Rusia for this but that's Morris and Archer's job. Not only them but we all have our own job, the meeting ended really quickly.

I got up from my seat and walked out from the meeting room. I pressed the lift button and waited for it.

"We're going to eat together, you're leaving?" Autumn asked and I turned to her.

"I have to see some friends."

"Oh okay." The lift opened and I walked inside. I saw Lauren was walking towards the lift too. She stopped when she saw me. She walked backwards and I pressed the open button.

"Get in." I said and she hesitated.

"Get in, Lauren." I said and she sighed. She walked into the lift and I closed the door. None of us talked and it's been a long time since I'm standing in one room with her. It's been 2 months.. almost 3 months, I think.

I was going to say something but the door opened and we're already on the lobby. She walked out quickly and ran out from the building. She entered a car and left.

Nial.

I sighed and walked out from the building. I asked my chauffer to take my car and I waited.

"Hey.. you should eat with us. We're eating hot pot." Joan said and I turned to her along with Joel, Aiden and Andrew.

"Let's go." Daniel said as he appeared beside me.

"Hot pot? Where?"

"Follow us okay?" Daniel said and I got into my car. The other's car came too. Joan put out her hand and gestured us to go first. I drove out from the building first and then Daniel followed me. Aiden lead the way and I realised that we're going to the place where me and Lauren ate.. a few months ago.

I can't believe this. Get your head straight Dylan, isn't this what you want?

I got out from the car after parked my car. We walked into the place.

"Oh.. Lauren's here too." Joan said and I cursed under my breath for that.

"Let's go.. I'm hungry." Joan pulled me to the empty table and she called Lauren.

"Let them be.. Let's just eat separately." Aiden said.

"Yeah, let her be." I said and Joan looked at me smirking.

"Hey.. you guys here." Her tone was happy and it turned annoyed when she saw me.

"Wanna join us?" Joan asked.

"Later on.. Nial have meeting after this so.. he will finish soon." Lauren smiled to Joan.

"Go.. I'm hungry.. join us after that." Andrew said and we ordered. Lauren smacked Andrew's arm and then left.

"Why are you so quite?" Joan asked me and I turned to her raising my eyebrows.

"I'm just hungry."

"They look cute and I can't believe that she's moved on now. I'm so happy for her." Joan said and I'm not interested to hear that.

"So how's your dinner yesterday with Diana?" Yes I went on a dinner with Diana. She's okay and fun to be with.

"She's okay and fun, why?" I asked Aiden.

"Nothing." The broth came along with the vegetables and the meat.

"Hey guys.." Nial came to our table with Lauren.

"Hey." We all said.

"How are you dude?" Aiden asked as they do a bro hug

"Good but I have to go.. have a meeting to catch." He said and we all waved bye at him. He kissed Lauren's cheek and then left.

"Want to eat again?" Joan asked as Lauren said beside her.

"Damn yes!"

"How's the x-ray going yesterday?" Andrew asked Lauren and I raised my eyebrows.

"Nothing big, a little crack only."

"Good thing that we already put that bastard to jail." Aiden said and that made me curious more.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked Lauren and she looked at me with don't-pretend-to-care look

"She almost got raped when she was drunk." Joan said.

"What?!" I bursted and everyone turned to me.

"Why so surprised? Everyone already knew it and why are you so late?" Daniel chuckled.

"I don't know. What did he do to you?" I asked Lauren and she just looked at me blankly.

"Nial came in time, she's okay." Aiden said and I looked away completely pissed. Nial again.. Nial.. Nial and Nial.

"What's with the bone?" I asked as I looked straight to Lauren.

"Nothing big.. just a crack."

"She didn't say a thing until Nial told us the whole story. You can't do that to us, Lauren." Aiden hissed.

"Someone said that I'm too childish that I need to take care of myself beside it's not a big deal." That's what I said.

"Bullshit! You should tell us so we can kill him."

"Why bother? Nial's there." I looked at my plate blankly.

"That's great, at least someone's there to take care of you." I said without looking at her.

"Of course." She answered without hesitation.