Chapter 11 - Have Fun

Lauren Hastington

"You look beautiful.. where are you going?" My mom asked she walked into my room.

"Have a date."

"Uh? Blane? You got back together again?"

"No.. with Nial." I answered as I put an earring on.

"Oh." She said as she sat on my bed and I sighed.

"You okay? You don't look happy these days."

"Is it that.. obvious?" I looked at myself on the mirror.

"Lauren, you're my daughter and I know you so well."

"You know.. I've always dream of this beautiful love story. Just like you and dad but.. I failed once and now I don't know what I want." I sighed as I turned my body and looked at her. She gave me a smile.

"You should make time for yourself. How about you go on a vacation?" She raised her eyesbrows and I shook my head.

"I'm not in a mood for that, mom. I love swimming in a pile of work because it makes me forget things that I shouldn't be thinking." I said as I took my leather jacket and put it on.

"Lauren, moving on is not an easy thing. It will take sometime and you're still not over it." My mom said and I sighed.

"I know, mom. I need a rebound."

"Lauren, you'll hurt someone else." She said and I sat on the bed beside her.

"Having a rebound means hurting someone else.. Lauren. Don't be like that." My mom held my hand and patted it.

"Lucky you.. Dad is a good guy." I hissed and she laughed.

"Oh Lauren, your dad was a big jerk. He treated me like trash when I liked him at first. You will hate him if you know what he's like back then."

"True love.. it's funny huh? I believed it because I grow up looking at you and dad. He loves you crazily and it's amazing to see it."

"It was a long process, Lauren. We all went through a rough patch before this. Your dad didn't want to settle down at first."

"I know.. Just like the other guys." I said and then I sat up straight.

"I won't make Nial as my rebound but I want to try with him mom. I can't predict the picture but this is the choice that I make. I want to try with Nial."

"He will treat you well.. I trust Nial." Of course.

"Yeah. I'll wait downstairs.. you're going somewhere?" I asked as I got up. I walked towards my closet and took my black clutch.

"Dragging your brothers to go grocery shopping. Need anything hon?" She asked as she got up too.

"No.. I don't need anything." I said and she nodded. We walked out together and she walked towards her room to take her bag.

I walked downstairs and found.. Dylan sitting there talking to Marco.

"Where are you going?" Marco asked because he's facing me. Dylan turned his head to me and raised his eyebrows.

"Movies."

"With who?" Marco asked.

"Christian Hastington!" I heard mom calling my older brother. My phone rang and I picked it up right away.

"I'm right in front of your house." Nial said.

"Okay." I ended the call and I looked up to Marco and Dylan.

"Bye." I said as I opened the door.

"With who?" Marco asked and I ignored him. I found Nial's car and gestured the guards to open the door.

"Nial?!" I turned to see Marco following me and I ran in to the car fast.

"Go! Go!"

"Oh.. hey.. and bye." Nial chuckled and waved at Marco. I chuckled and he drove away from my house.

"Did you tell him?"

"I told my mom only or else.. the others will follow us." I said and Nial nodded chuckling.

"You look beautiful today." He said suddenly as I put my seatbelt on.

"Thanks. You're not bad.. too." I said in an awkward tone and it made him laugh.

"You're hungry?" He asked.

"Yes! Let's eat first!" I said.

"Your favorite? Hot pot?" He asked and I was surprised that he knows it.

"Yes! You know a place?"

"Yes.. it's my friend's." We talked a lot about things and of course it's fun to be with Nial. He's smart.. kind.. treat me well. It's really surprise me that Nial knows a lot about me. That's pretty.. shocking.

"I love eating vegetables with broth.. it's just more delicious than eating salad.. I mean if there's a dressing.. it will be good but still." I said.

"Uhmm.. Lauren." That made me look up to him.

"Huh?"

"I guess someone decided to follow us." He said and he pointed at someone. I turned to see.. Christian.. Mom.. Marco.. and Dylan. I glared at them and they pretended not to look at us. I got up and walked to them. They all pretended to eat and smart ass Christian choked making him cough a lot. I smacked his back and gave him water.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked and glared at Christian the most.

"Mom!" I whined.

"I'm sorry.. It was Marco's idea."

"Mom! What the hell?!" Marco looked at mom disbelief.

"Can you all go now?" I asked and looked at them all one by one. I looked at Dylan the last.

"We're just.. worried." Christian said and I turned to him disbelief.

"Worried? I'm going out with Nial and you all know him. He is the son of Austin and Violet Portwalt. He's-"

"We know, you little red." Marco said and I glared at him.

"Go!" I said and mom pouted. Christian got up and he left first. He gestured me that he will watch me and Nial. Mom winked at me and mouthed me 'take your time'. Marco and Dylan got up at the same time. Marco left first.

"It's good seeing you happy.. come to the club tonight.. let's celebrate it." Dylan said.

"I can't.. We going somewhere together." I said and he nodded lightly.

"Have fun then.." He smiled a little.